12 ; another funeral

Prescott Valley, Arizona
- 1 month later -

Prescott Valley, Arizona - 1 month later -

-

"That, my friends-" Dean says, a huge grin on his face. "-is how you exorcise a demon!"

The three of us had just gotten back from a hunt, and Dean was a little too proud of himself.

"Whatever," I laugh, tossing my gun into the trunk of my car.

My phone started ringing, for seemingly the hundredth time today. It was my mom, but I hadn't had time to answer.

"Hey, mom." I say into the phone.

"Is this Casey Scott?" an unfamiliar voice asked.

"Yes," I answer, frowning. "Who's this?"

-
Sam's P.O.V

"I understand," Casey's expression changes and she hangs up the phone.

"Hey," I say gently. "What's wrong?"

"We need to go," she says, slamming the trunk shut.

"Casey what's wrong?" I ask again.

"We need to go! Now!" she raises her voice.

"Okay, okay!" I say. "Where?"

"Prescott Valley," she tells me. "I need to go home."

"Alright," I say, taking her keys from her. She was in no condition to drive.

"Dean, let's go."

-

The drive was dead silent.

Dean and I had exchanged looks before we left, but neither of us knew what was wrong. Casey had barely moved the entire way there. I had tried to ask her what happened, but she didn't say a word.

"Casey," I try again. "What happened?"

"I don't know," she mutters.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"A paramedic called me," she explains. "They just said my mom had an 'accident', so I'm not sure what happened."

"I'm sorry," I say, placing my hand over hers.

"It's my fault," she says. "I didn't answer the phone when she called."