Part 1, Chapter 1

In a place called Frog creek village you won't find many people living there because no one ever goes through the forest. Many of the villagers believe there is nothing beyond the trees but others believe there is a beast that lives in the woods that looks unnatural. It's hard to believe because no one has seen it; anyone who ventures into the forest have never came back. But one brave girl maybe all they need to find out the truth about the forest and the people.

"Mink!" sue yelled as she came to the back door. "Yes, mom what is it?" Mink yelled back to the house as she turned her head. Mink was holding the gate opened that leads to the forest. "Mink close the gate. You've known for six years that I hate it being opened." Sue yelled out. "But..." Mink started. "No butts. I need you to go get your sister, it's time for supper." Sue said as she watched Mink walk closer to the house after closing the gate. "Okay, i will." Mink said before heading to the house next door. "That girl reminds me so much of her father." Sue said to herself as she watched Mink. Mink's father went missing six years ago after going into the woods; never to be seen again. "Nina it's time to eat, let's go, now." Mink said looking down at her sister who was sitting on the floor. "Okay. Bye bloom." Nina said has she got up. Nina was ten years younger than her sister. "See you later." Bloom said as she watched them leave. Mink walked her sister back home and though the front door of their house. "Mom, we're back." She said has they walked into the kitchen. "Have a seat girls and I'll get your plates ready." Sue said has she put bowls on the table.

After supper Mink helped clean off the table. As she did this she had a question she wanted to ask her mother but thought it better left alone. "Mink, You and Nina go to bed; I'll finish cleaning." Sue said. "Okay." Mink said as she and Nina left. In the room that Nina and mink shared; Nina was already fast asleep but mink kept turning in her bed. She then got up and looked out the window. She thought of why people saw her as just a dumb kid. As she looked out she noticed something move in the forest. The dark figure was looking up at her from behind a tree. Mink opened her mouth but no sound came, she could only watch; it looked like a man to her but she wasn't sure. Before the figure turned to leave it waved at her then went back into the woods. "What are you looking at, Mink?" Nina asked as she wiped her eyes. Mink slowly went back to her bed. "Nothing, go back to sleep." Mink said as she put her head on her pillow. At breakfast the next day Mink decided to tell her friend after school but as the school day went on it seem like it was never going to end. "Hello, Mink." Momoko said before Mink turned to look at her.

"Hello, Momo." Mink said with her voice sounding far off. "What are you thinking about?" she asked mink. "I'll tell you later." Mink said has they left for their next class. After school Mink and Momoko were walking home with Nina and Bloom. Momoko made sure the kids couldn't hear them before she spoke to Mink. "Okay, tell me what you couldn't at school." She said. "Okay, but don't tell anyone." Mink said as she began to tell her friend what happened. She told her everything that she saw the night before. After she was done she waited for her friend to speak. "Wow, so you think it was a man?" Momoko asked as they walked. "Yes but I'm not sure. It was dark." Mink informed her. "Have you told your mom?" Momoko asked. "No, mom would freak out." Mink said as she watched Nina and Bloom giggling. "Your right, so would my mom." Momoko said after thinking. They walked the rest of the way without saying anything more until they got to Mink's house. "Well, there's home. Bye Momko, see you tomorrow." Mink said as she watched Bloom go into her house. "Bye." Momoko said as she kept walking down the road to her own home. Mink and Nina walked into their house and closed the door behind them.

A few hours later Mink was helping clean up after supper. She didn't have time to take a look to see if the man or whatever it was; was back again. "Mink, I'm going to give your sister a bath, do the dishes for me," Sue said. "Sure mom," Mink said as she started washing the dishes. She finished the dishes fast and when she knew that Nina was still in the bath she went outside. She looked out into the trees and after a few minutes, she saw him walking to her. It was still too dark to tell if it was a man but she didn't want to call him a dark figure. When he looked up and saw her he stopped walking. Mink looked back to the house and saw the bedroom light on. She turned back and looked out into the trees before running to the house. That night as she lay in bed; she had an idea and tomorrow she would tell her sister and Momoko. Mink smiled as the school bell rang to tell everyone it was time to go home. She was glad that this school day went by fast; Mink ran up to her friend who was waiting outside the school. "I've got something to tell you," Mink said as they started walking home. "What?" Momoko asked looking at her friend. "I've decided that I'm going to go into the forest tonight," Mink said then stopped walking when Momoko did. "Are you crazy!? You can't do that!" Momoko said with worry in her voice that Mink could hear. "I can and I will. Just tell mom about it tomorrow and also tell her that I'm coming back." Mink said as they started walking again. Momoko didn't speak again until they made it to Mink's house. "I know you well enough to know that you're not going to change your mind so I'll do what you've asked of me. Just be careful out there." Momoko said before hugging Mink. "I will," Mink said before closing the door.