Part 1, Chapter 10

After everyone ate they left to go back to their homes. The only people left now were Mink and Ichigo's families. Ichigo looked around the room for Mink but didn't see her. "Where did Mink go?" Ichigo asked Nina. "She went to her thinking place." Nina said smiling. "Where is that at?" Ichigo asked. "I'm not supposed to say but I don't think she'll care if I told you. It's on the roof." Nina said. "Okay thanks Nina." Ichigo said before leaving the room. He went upstairs to the girls' bedroom and saw the window opened. He climbed out and went up on the roof. He could see Mink sitting at the end of the roof. Mink folded her arms when she felt the wind on her skin. Ichigo went over to her, put his jacket on her and sat down beside her. Mink pulled the jacket tighter around her. "What are you doing up here?" Ichigo asked. "I was about to ask you that," Mink said smiling. "I'm not going to say it frist," Ichigo said smiling back at her. Ichigo then laid down and looked up at the sky. "Wow. That's a lot of stars." He said. Mink looked down at him before lying next to him. "I love coming up here to look at them sometimes," Mink said. Ichigo turned his head to look at her.

Mink then sat up when she heard a noise and looked into the yard to see Mint and Berry. "Mint where are you going?" Mink asked. "We are going home but don't worry I'll see you again soon. Call me if you need me." Mint said before she followed her mother into the forest. "Bye," Mink yelled after her. After Mint and her Mom were out of sight Mink lied back down next to Ichigo. "I'm going to miss her," Mink said. Ichigo looked at Mink before speaking. "I'm sure you'll see her again," Ichigo reassured her. They both turned their heads when they heard Nina's voice. "Mink Mom said you need to take a bath before you go to bed." She yelled out the window. "Okay I'll be down soon," Mink yelled back to her without moving. Ichigo and Mink stayed on the roof for a few minutes longer before Mink spoke again. "I guess we better get inside," Mink said still lying down. Without saying anything Ichigo lead over Mink and put his hand on her face before bringing his lips down to hers'. The kiss was short but was long enough to make Mink's heart skip. They stared at each other until they heard Nina inside; they both slowly got up. "Let's get in before mom see that I'm not inside yet," Mink said. They walked on the roof over to the window and went in.

The next day Mink was the first one up. She made a necklace for the jewel before putting it around her neck. She looked over to Nina before taking a blanket and opening the window to go up on the roof. As Mink sat on the roof she was thinking about everything that has happened and what happened last night. As she looked down at the jewel tears started to fall. Ichigo could hear her on the roof so he went up from his bedroom window. He saw the tears falling as he looked at her where she sat at. He walked up behind her and put his arms around her. Mink froze when she felt him holding her. "Why are you crying?" Ichigo asked. "I'm not; I just have something in my eye," Mink said whipping her face off. "Yes you are; you can't fool me. Now answer my question." Ichigo said half smiling. Mink thought for a moment before speaking to him. "I don't know." She said then turned to him and hugged him. Ichigo held onto her before he looked at the jewel. "Want to go flying?" Ichigo asked looking at her face. Mink smiled at him before taking the jewel in her hand. Mink changed into the lace top and jeans but the color of them was now a dark rose. Mink looked at the outfit then back to Ichigo. "How many clothes does this jewel change me into?" Mink asked smiling.

Ichigo smiled as he took Mink's hand. Mink opened her wings out and up into the morning sky they went. As they flew Ichigo pulled Mink closer to him and put his arm around her waist. Mink looked at him as he moved before seeing the big tree. She went to the top of the tree and landed on a big branch where they both sat close together. Ichigo looked at her before speaking. "I and dad have decided that we are going to stay in this village," Ichigo said then smiled when Mink looked at him. "You are?" Mink asked. Still smiling Ichigo nodded his head to her. "What about your family and your mom?" Mink asked. Ichigo looked down before he answered her. "Mom died when I was six." He said; Mink now felt stupid. "Sorry. I didn't mean to bring back bad memories." Mink said looking away from him. "Don't worry about it; you didn't know," Ichigo said as he looked up at Mink then pulled her closer to him. "Who cared for you when your dad went missing?" Mink asked. "No one did. They all believe that mom died because of us but we knew the truth and that was all we needed." Ichigo said. Mink looked down; she now felt really stupid for saying anything.

"You're not going to cry again, are you?" Ichigo asked smiling. "So what if I do?" Mink said defensively. "I would feel sad if you did. I don't like seeing you cry." Ichigo said as he pulled her even closer to him. Mink was about to speak when Ichigo kissed her; she didn't want him to stop when she felt his lips on hers. Mink put her arms around him as the kiss deepened with Ichigo pulling her tighter to him. They slowly stopped kissing before Ichigo could speak again. "When you were crying before was it because you thought that I was leaving?" He asked. Mink didn't say anything as her face became red. Ichigo smiled at her before kissing her lightly. They stayed at the top of the tree for five more minutes before anyone spoke again. "We should get back before they come looking for us." Ichigo sighed. "Okay," Mink said as she slowly got up and took his hand. They held each other close as they made their way back to the house. Mink landed on the roof and changed back before they both went back in.