Part 1, Chapter 12

Everyone was sound asleep in bed now; all but mink who was turning in her sleep. The jewel kept getting hotter on her neck. Mink opened her eyes and saw the woman in the room. Mink screamed and the woman went out the window. Nina was looking around as she sat up in her bed. Ichigo came in the girls' room and turned on the lights. He walked over to Mink who was sitting up in her bed now. She was breathing heavily as Ichigo spoke to her. "What Happened?" He asked as the others came in. Mink looked at Ichigo as Sue checked on Nina. "The brown haired woman was here," Mink said as she held the jewel which was cold now. Ichigo looked over to Nina as she spoke to him. "Yes Ichigo, it was her," Nina said. "What are you all talking about?" Bob asked. Ichigo waited for a second before he told them about the woman. Bob, Sue, and Joe didn't speak after Ichigo was done explaining; Ichigo looked back to Mink. "Where did she go?" He asked Mink. Mink pointed to the opened window. Ichigo went to the window and closed it after looking out. "She may come back so we need to watch the girls for tonight," Joe said.

"I was having a hard time sleeping so I'll watch them," Ichigo said. The others nodded before leaving the room. Ichigo got Nina to go back to sleep before going to Mink and sitting on the side of her bed. "You should get some sleep. I'll keep watch." Ichigo said as he hugged her. "Ichigo the jewel was burning my neck; that's why I woke up," Mink said. Ichigo held the jewel in his hand; it was cold but there was a small red mark on Mink's neck. Ichigo let the jewel fall back on Mink before he spoke. "It must be some kind of defensive thing but you need to get some sleep so lay down," Ichigo said. "Okay," Mink said then lied down as Ichigo got up. He waited for her to close her eyes before he sat down at the window. As the night continued Ichigo could see the jewel glow sometimes as it laid on Mink's chest; later Ichigo fall asleep where he sat. When morning came Ichigo woke Mink up. Mink opened her eyes to see Ichigo smiling at her. "Good morning." He said. "Good morning to you," Mink said as she sat up. Mink looked around the room and at the window before speaking again. "What a crazy night we had," Mink said. "Yeah it was but everyone was watching so you don't have to worry about anything. Also, I think you should keep the jewel on you at all times." Ichigo said.

Mink looked at Ichigo as she stood. "Why?" She asked. "If that woman was looking for the jewel it would be safer to keep it on you also it will keep you safe as well,"Ichigo said. "If it does then we know it's just one more thing it can do," Mink said as she looked at the jewel. They stood in the room for a minute before Mink spoke again. "Ichigo, can you leave so I can change my clothes?" Mink asked smiling. "Yeah; sure I'll see you downstairs," Ichigo said before he left; smiling. Mink walked over to the window then noticed something outside. She opened the window and picked up a note that was sitting on the window seal. She noticed her name was written on it when Nina spoke to her. "I'm going to go play next door," Nina said. "Okay. Tell Ichigo to come up here." Mink said looking at Nina. "Okay, I will," Nina said then left the room. Mink opened the note as she sat on her bed and read what was written.

"Mink I'll see you soon when you think I'm gone; I'll reaper. You will come with me into the forest and if you don't I will make you so be ready when I come for you. If you do what I say then your family doesn't have to worry; I'll be watching. Signed; the brown-haired woman." Mink held onto the note as she looked out the window. "What does this mean?" She asked herself. Ichigo knocked on the door but she didn't answer him. He knocked again and when she didn't answer he opened the door. He walked over to her bed where she was sitting at and put his hand on her. Mink jumped and looked at him when he touched her. "What?" Ichigo said as he sat next to her. Without saying anything Mink gave him the note to read. After he read what it said he looked at Mink. "Where did you find this?" He asked. "I found it at the window," Mink said.

"Do you think we should tell the others?" Ichigo asked. Mink looked out the window before speaking. "Yes, I believe we should," Mink said. Ichigo waited on Mink outside of her bedroom door while she changed. They made it downstairs when Momoko came in after Bob opened the door. "Hi, Momo thought you were with your school club today?" Mink asked. "Yes, I was until I saw that woman there looking for you. I left and came over here to tell you." Momoko said. Everyone was thinking as they sat down on the sofa; Mink then heard a noise and got up. She went to the back door and opened it. When she saw the woman with a knife pointed at Nina worry came over her face. The others came to the door when they saw Mink's face; everyone was frozen where they stood when they saw Nina. "Okay Mink let's go or I'll just take this one with me." The woman said. Mink looked around at the others then back to Nina who was crying. "Let her go," Mink demanded. "I will when you come to me." She answered back. Mink breathed in and out before she made a decision. "Okay I'll go with you but I'll need to get a few things," Mink said. "All right, just hurry up and get what you need." The woman said. Mink nodded to her before going inside and up to her room.

She was putting things in a backpack when Ichigo came in. Mink looked at him then back at her pack. "I'm coming with you," Ichigo said as he stood next to Mink. "I thought you would say that but will she let you come?" Mink wondered as she put her backpack on. "I believe she will let me," Ichigo said as they left the room. As they made it to the back door they could hear everyone yelling. When Mink saw that the woman had Momoko now she froze for a second. "Momo what happened?" Mink asked looking around. "She came up behind me; trying to be the hero. I've changed my mind though; now the little one there must come with us." The woman said as she backed up with Momoko. Sue held onto Nina after the woman spoke. Mink stood in front of Sue before speaking to her. "Don't worry mom; I and Ichigo will look after her," Mink said then picked Nina up. Bob put his hand on Sue's arm as Mink and Ichigo walked off with Nina. "Be careful Mink," Sue said. Mink and Ichigo stopped in front on the woman. "Thanks for trying Momo," Mink said to her friend.

"I'll let her go when you three are in the forest." The woman said as she moved Momoko so she could hold her arm. The woman watched as they went into the trees then turned back to the house. "Okay girl; I'm giving you the knife so don't run to the house; walk back." The woman said then handed the knife to her before turning to the woods and ran in. The others watched as Momoko walked back to the house. Sue fell to the ground when she couldn't see her girls anymore as Momoko handed Bob the knife. Joe tried to think of who that woman was as Bob stared blankly at the knife in his hand.

End of part 1