ix.

"Looks like we're on the right track." Jimin remarked lightly while he was reading through the mail. Jungkook had been occupied on reviewing the interview while Lisa was doing the same for their other topics.

"How so?" The younger boy asked with a bagel in between his teeth.

The sight of a black envelope with a gold stamp made his jaw drop. Opening it, the words were written in gold ink. It was pretty clear to them that the sender wanted them to stay away from Kim Jisoo.

"They say Black and Gold is from Min Yoongi." Lisa remarked dryly. "Kim Seokjin uses brown, Kim Taehyung uses white, Jung Hoseok uses green while Kim Namjoon uses purple. Actually, the Kims usually use Pastel colors."

"So her ex wants us to leave her alone. That means there's something else going on; and I have a feeling it's more than jealousy."

Jungkook finished the pastry in his mouth before talking. "What a way to start the day, yeah? So... About the interview..."

He remembered Jisoo as a very caring and warm person during the interview, and being passionate when asked about her work and hobbies though he remembers the slight panic in her features when he mentioned her brothers. The interview just poked about her plans in the medical field and some of her personal life, though Jungkook couldn't ask too much about where she went for 2 years, until he ran out of questions. Before they ended the interview, Jisoo had given him an address and told him rather cryptically, that the answer was there.

"I know that place." Lisa said when he showed the hastily scrawled up address. "The Roosevelt, I think?"

"How come I never heard of it?" Jimin asked curiously at the unfamiliar place.

"It's supposed to be only for the elite and very close business associates of the Kims. Nobody knows about it because they don't know where to look. I tried to go in and all I saw was a normal reception room before I was chased out." She paused to think for a moment. "I'd be wary but Jisoo is apparently still clean of any criminal records and is most likely sheltered from the business."

Jimin cleared his throat, waving the black letter in his hand. "Yah! What about this little death threat?"

"I think I should still go." Jungkook says quietly, Jisoo's serious face in his mind as she quickly uttered those words. "If anything happens, I'll send the info to you."

"Let's just hope the Roosevelt isn't as security-tight to have a jammer." The older one says somberly. "But I know you can run away when things turn to shit."

Lisa pecking his cheek made him smile a bit. "I'll always come back alive."

~*~*~

"Please, have a seat, Mr. Jeon."

They were currently in a completely white suite, sitting in the middle of the room at the round table. It had been the first time they've met in person and Jungkook is a little disappointed when he sees that Jisoo is smaller than what he thought. He hasn't felt any sort of anxiety around her so far, and that's what's worrying him.

"I have no words." She starts slowly as she took her seat and took out a file from her bag. "You deserve to know the truth, Jungkook."

His heartbeat starts going crazy with anticipation as she pushes the file towards him, anticipating what awful truth she may be presenting him. There's nothing but remorse in her chocolate brown eyes and this is probably one of the scariest moments of his life, probably next to when he asked Lisa to be his girlfriend.

The man nearly flinches when he hears the file open rather loudly in the otherwise silent room and his eyes scan the lenghty paper, his heart dropping by each word.

'It is proven that Mr. Jeon Jungkook is the child of Mr. Jeon Sojun and Mrs. Kim Taesung.'

Jisoo didn't know what to do when he kept rereading the test and the only thing she's scared of right now is if anyone found out about their relationship to each other. Then he stopped reading to look at her dead in the eye.

"I was the one who paid for your college fees and added that extra cash to your account a long time ago." Jisoo admitted. "I found out 6 years ago and I swore to my mother that I would find you and keep you safe but she didn't want Seokjin and Taehyung to know."

Tears started to fall from his eyes as he tried to proccess that he was related to the Kims and thus endagered Jimin and Lisa. Jisoo's older sister instinct took ahold of her as she rushed over to open her arms for a hug. The younger boy immediately wrapped his arms around her, hid his face in her neck and sobbed.

"I'm so sorry, Jungkook. I should've talked to you years before but I was scared what my father could do to you if he found out that I knew."

His grip on her tightened but she didn't make any comment on it. "My adoptive parents died just recently and I thought I was so alone in the world back then, so I started to be scared for my hyung and girlfriend."

Jisoo started to stroke his hair soothingly, knowing that used to help Taehyung and it worked on him. "I will do anything I can to catch up on those years we've lost as siblings and to keep the ones you love safe. Think you can hold out for a month before we tell our brothers?"

Jungkook nodded slightly, still unbelieving that they were related but she immediately perked up. "Well, we should start by getting to know each other more. Food?"

He smiled meekly back at her. "Food."

[AMAJING! First secret out of the bag, thanks for 52 views!]