{3 years ago}

"Seokjin, you don't know what you're letting go of."

The man gently pried off the fingers of the shorter woman from his wrist and smiled softly. "I know you're concerned, Tae-noona, but we'll be fine with or without GX."

Taeyeon kept a calm face, but she was worried for him and his siblings. "Jin, what about Jisoo, Namjoon and Taehyung?"

"Noona, we're Kims." Seokjin reminded her. "Nothing can bring us down."

That was the ambition that the shared blood in their veins had, and that had caused deaths in their family. Taeyeon was a not too distantly or closely related to them, a second-cousin, but she cared deeply for the young ones. As the co-leader of GX, she had placed Seokjin under their care and guidance but he had rejected their official invitation to permanently join them.

"I can't help but worry. You're too young and vulnerable for this business." He knew that she meant well, but the words still stung him.

The younger Kim merely smiled before hugging her briefly. "Have some faith in me, noona."

"Last chance, Seokjin."

"I need to do this for the family."

Sighing, Taeyeon reluctantly agreed to drop the topic and patted his hair. "If you need anything, I'll always be ready to help you."

*~*~*

That didn't apply to every member of GX, as they preferred not to form attachments because their job was unpredictable and dangerous. Over time, Seokjin and Taeyeon barely communicated. A few months after that, Kris, Jessica and Luhan left the group for various reasons although they did continue to give information to GX.

BB, the name given to his new business quickly rose into power after a confrontation with 7, the sons of the board members. Eventually and until now, BB had been one of the most fearsome groups to ever exist in Korea alongside GX. There were some run-ins with them but the leaders of both groups tended to just turn a blind eye to not start a war for the sake of their family.

If Seokjin closes his eyes and just relaxes a bit, he can remember a time when 7 was just people he occasionally chatted with, GX often pranked him but made sure he was always alright and his family wasn't a fucking mess.

"Seokjin-ssi?"

He opens his eyes and sees Jisoo's secretary still holding a Desert Eagle gingerly. Pitying the poor girl, he took the gun and put it in his pocket because she looked really afraid of it. It seems like Taehyung had her practice guns too for protection.

"Jisoo-ssi wants to go to Santorinni earlier than anticipated."

Of course Jisoo would want to go to Santorinni now. He had just talked to her last night about a possible dinner with the 7, but she wasn't open to it even if he assured her that they would be safe because it was just a small feud.

The blond smiled gently down at Rosé. "Start packing, we'll leave as soon as you two ladies are done." Then he paused to think. "Do the others know about this?"

"The thing is," she fidgeted as if she really didn't want to talk. "They were the ones who suggested it in the first place."

That was unsual for them, he thought. "Why so?"

"One of her bodyguards, Phillip was found murdered earlier." The color on his face drained. "And there's a death threat for all of us."

~*~*~

"Kookie, come back to bed." Lisa yawns, wanting nothing more than to continue sleeping but her boyfriend left her side and now she feels lonely without him. "Is something wrong, jagiya?"

The man who is holding the door handle sighs before going back to bed and wrapping his arms around her. "Jisoo-noona is in danger. She told me we'll have to postpone telling them, after this threat."

A little more awake this time, Lisa tugs on his arms and pulls him out of the room to get some coffee and pastries. Jimin's soft snores were faintly heard if you listen hard enough. Jungkook listens to his girlfriend's soft humming and knows that it's her way of calming him down.

The blonde kisses his forehead before placing his food in front of him, knowing that if anything could comfort him, it would be her and food. A trait the Kims and he seemed to share.

"I can't lose her, Lisa." It's a choked sob that comes out of his mouth. "You can't just show up to someone who's vulnerable, become their world and expect them to not care about you."

It breaks her heart to see him like this. He's been alone for most of his life, and he knew he was adopted by his parents. He'd push it down his throat and fake a smile but she didn't want to see that.

"You won't," his girlfriend says softly. "She's your big sister; she'll keep living, just to see you smile again."

She gets startled when Jungkook grabs her wrist and tugs her close to his chest. He wraps his arms around her and nuzzles his face in her neck, wanting to just feel her in his arms. Lisa softens and lays her head on his chest, listening to his rapid heartbeat.

"Don't leave me." His voice cracks.

She smiles against his chest. "You can ask me to leave and throw me aside, but I'll always stay." Then she pulled back to look into his eyes.

"You're the only one who made me feel this way, and I know you'll be my last and only love."

[As of June 24, 2017 8:59 pm, there are 123 views. Thank you guys, like OH MY GHAT MY HEART IS OH MY GHAT and STRONG POWER THANK YOU. Yes, As If It's Your Last is LIT AF. Sorry if the present keeps mixing with the past but I had to reach my 800 word goal somehow. XD thanks guys.]