xiv.

"Poor Namjoon." Hoseok remarked lightly, which made Seokjin snort.

"Yeah, sure, once got out of a gunfight with grazes with only a knife, held at gunpoint too many damn times to count but gets injured by himself down the stairs." The blond scoffed. "That man's going to kill himself one day, I swear."

A strawberry-blonde head peeked inside the slight open door. "Hi? Namjoon-ssi's being taken care of now, and we'll be at the pool."

Whenever she said 'we', it always meant Jisoo and her. Seokjin just nods at her and she leaves. He's wanted nothing more than to just drop everything and go run to the nearest buffet to stress eat but the ringing of his phone caught their attention.

Seokjin knew the number by heart, but for her safety, didn't save it in his phone.

"Hello, noona?"

A slight sob from the other side of the phone was heard.

"How could you do this to your noona, Jinnie?"

He was at a loss for words, not knowing what she was talking about and say that Hoseok was cussing under his breath. He looked briefly at the older man before standing up.

"Where do you think you're going?" The blond asked, trying to tune out Taeyeon's crying.

Hoseok's jaw clenched as he pocketed his phone. "My sister-in-law Tiffany is in critical condition, and they think it's us. I have to go."

~*~*~

She's been holding her breath for a while now, Jisoo realizes. So she decides to resurface. Everything seemed a lot brighter now that she blinked several times to adjust. From the corner of her eye, Rosé is drinking something with a magazine in her hands, looking at her every so often.

Jisoo bites her lower lip and knows that she's still waiting for her sister Alice. If Jungkook had known about his half-siblings years ago, would he look just the same as Rosé? Waiting for someone they're not sure who's coming back?

The last time she's ever talked about him was a few days ago when she asked Jessica to recruit the trio in her business. It was a way to ensure their safety, somewhat. The only thing on her mind right now are her brothers, finding Alice Park, learning self-defense and her damned medical license which hasn't been given to her yet. She didn't spend 5 years of 2 advanced courses to just laze about, thank you verh much.

Thinking about her problems are making her head hurt so she decides to do laps around the pool while she lets Rosé sleep in her room. She's safe here in this resort in any case, considering this was one of her father's.

It takes her a while before she realizes that a short platinum blond is standing by the steps of the pool in his caual attire, just a black t-shirt and skinny jeans. Jisoo realizes that this one of problem that she definitely didn't want to solve yet but his eyes look sharply into her own and she leaves the pool. He offers his hand to help her from the steps, trying (and failing) to keep his eyes off her petite body.

"Enjoying the view?" She doesn't know where the sudden confidence comes from but it even has him a bit shocked.

Yoongi recovers and smirks. "Absolutely."

He grabs the bath robe from her seat and hands it up so she could wear it. She gingerly does so and ties the belt.

"Where's Tae?"

He scoffs. "You should've seen how he just passed out without even touching the bed."

Jisoo smiles at him. "Seems like he's been hanging around you too much."

"You have no idea." Yoongi replies before clearing his throat. "We have dinner reservations in 2 hours, so you should get ready."

The redhaired girl nods as they start walking to the elevator. "Where did my brothers choose to eat this time?"

The blond hides a smile, checking his phone. "Oh, they're not coming with us. It's just you and me and I want you to wear red."

Jisoo's jaw drops as she looks at her exboyfriend and tries to digest the information.

"What."

~*~*~

"So, how did you and Jimin meet?"

The brown-haired officer smiled a bit before drinking some milk. They were at a café and were talking about the murder case when they realized they should relax a bit, which led to telling embarassing stories about the two men.

"Accidentally spilled coffee all over my new uniform when we were at the same event a few years back." Jennie snickers. "Thought he was a fuckboi but he was really apologetic that I couldn't help but pity him."

Lisa wiggles her eyebrows at her suggestively. "Jungkook literally bumped into me by accident, who knows about you and Chim?"

The older woman laughs. "Not me, Lisa. Though he's got a heart of gold, I don't think it'll work out but you two," Jennie smiles wider. "Lizkook for the win."

"Lizkook?"

"Lisa + Jungkook = BAM! Lizkook."

The two start laughing loudly again, almost unable to breathe because of how they get along so well and the flow of their conversation. It's weird, it's funny and it's blissful to find someone who understands you. And it's this exact feeling these two women are feeling right now.

The blonde notices something peeking from Jennie's file and takes it after asking for permission. She realizes it's a family tree, but not really because there's BB imprinted on top.

Lisa reads Kim Seokjin and Kim Taehyung at the main branch, Kim Namjoon near it, Kim Taeyeon on another branch with Byun Baekhyun connected to the name. On a seperate branch from their names was Jung Hoseok, Jung Jessica whose name was connected to Hwang Stephanie and Jung Soojung. Lisa bites her lip when she sees that next to Hoseok's name is Jennie Kim.

"I haven't updated that little thing in a while since Jimin mentioned to me that Kim Seokjin has been spotted with the same girl in nearly all of his business trips. I think she's his girlfriend or wife."

It slips way too quickly for Lisa to stop it.

"You're missing Jeon Jungkook and Kim Jisoo."