{4 years ago}

He kept his arms around her tightly as he helped her into his car, looking worriedly down at her lifeless face. Seokjin begged him to deal with Jisoo for a while since he had to take care of the business and Taehyung.

"Hey, you can tell me anything, okay?"

Her eyes were puffy and red from crying but there was resolve in eyes. Her hand reached for his as he started driving, which Yoongi gave.

"Yoongi-oppa, can you drop me off at xxx?"

He knew better than to be stubborn now, maybe it will be good for her if she did go to the place. Half an hour later, Jisoo asked him to stay in the car while she went away with her purse in hand.

The blond knew something was up, so he hid behind the hedges as he watched her pay the cashier with the woman behind the glass pointing something. She thanked the woman before walking 10 steps in that direction and stopping. He recognized the look on her face as nostalgia but he knew she didn't study here, so why the face?

It wasn't long before Jisoo started walking back to the car, so he ran for it as to not be caught. Thankfully, she was too absorbed in her thoughts to notice the short platinum-blond running and slamming the door after him.

"Are you okay?" Yoongi asked gently after she sat on the passenger seat. Who was he kidding, her parents just died in a car crash and now he's asking her how she feels?

Her lifeless brown orbs meet his worried gaze. "I'm going to be okay."

"Of course you will." He reassures her, holding her hand.

Weakly tightening the hand that held hers, Jisoo quietly spoke.

"But I won't if you leave me too."

The blond pursed his lips and shook his head. "That won't happen. You trust oppa, don't you?"

She leaned on his shoulder and he placed his lips on the top of her head, a squeeze around his hand as the answer. Jisoo needed him the most now, and he had no plans of leaving.

~*~*~

{A Few Months Prior to the Incident}

"I'm expecting a little Min soon."

He grinned a bit at the joke Mrs. Kim made. It had been a relief that her parents didn't judge him and even welcomed him with open arms, he was still friends with Seokjin and he had gotten a soft spot for her younger brother Taehyung.

"Where is Jisoo, umma?" He's been referring to her as that ever since their first anniversary when Mrs. Kim was adamant to be called that by him.

The older woman finished the cup of coffee and gave it to the blond, smiling a little at the thought of her children. "It's their night out. Jin and Tae developed the habit of taking her around the city at least once a week. I'm glad that they're so close."

Her eyes landed on him again with fondness, knowing in her heart that he was perfect for her little girl.

Yoongi did become fond of Mrs. Kim as she extended her motherly care to him as well, considering he moved out of the old house rather young, and Mr. Kim had been a polite man that even made him apprehensive at first but he was a jolly man who only wanted the best for them.

"Yoongi, I want you to take care of my daugher," then she giggled a bit. "Of course I know you do, but..." Her smile faltered. "Considering our family's occupation, I can't be too sure about her safety."

He nodded, understanding every word. He's always known about the true nature of the Kims and their wealth, but he didn't approach Jisoo for the money.

Satisfied with his answer, Mrs. Kim inserted the passcode in the safe hidden by some books.

"Do you love my daughter?"

If anything, Yoongi thought that he'd be having this conversation with her father but there seems to be another reason for the mother's sudden question.

"I do," he replied. "I think I will until the sun implodes."

That should've been enough to reassure the woman, but she couldn't be too sure of anything anymore but she trusted the boy ever since the incident. Finally reaching for the box she was looking for, Mrs. Kim returned to him.

"I don't know how long I'll live, Yoongi." She says bluntly. "Before I found out about her father's work, I always thought we'd grow old surrounded by many grandchildren but his work is too unpredictable."

"What are you saying?"

Even his eyes widen when the box is opened in front of him and a beautiful band is set in it. A band of white gold, a large diamond on the center with rubies surrounding it.

 A band of white gold, a large diamond on the center with rubies surrounding it

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Mrs. Kim smiled approvingly when she saw his eyes widen at the ring. "You see, Yoongi, this ring symbolizes the Kim family. It's important to us to an almost insane degree."

He immediately looked back at her. "Why show this to me?"

A cheeky smile was on Mrs. Kim's face. "Do you want to spend the rest of your life with my daughter?"

2 years may not be that long to some people, but he knew from the moment she said 'yes', that he'd want to see her walk down the aisle and repeat that answer.

"I do want to marry her," Yoongi replies quietly. "But isn't it too early?"

The mother chuckled again. "It only took her father and I 5 months. We're still in love even after nearly 25 years, so who is to judge how early it is for you both?" Then she took the ring and his hand, gently placing the ring in his palm.

"I wanted to tell her to propose to you since you're a keeper, though she's too shy. When the time comes, Yoongi, I want you to go on bended knee and promise to love and take care of her for the rest of your lives."

And up until now, the ring is still in his most heavily guarded safe, awaiting the day for it to be used.