4-The Video

Authors Note: I know this video never happened! I know that this isn't how the relationship went but its my fanfiction and I'm writing it! Ok enjoy!

Shane and Ryland got really close over the next month following their date. They had had a few more, most of them were at home so they didn't have to deal with any questions.

Shane had filmed a few more videos with Clevver, and had even convinced Ryland to do a surprise video with him.

Shane had decided that he would ask Ryland to be his boyfriend. But first, he was going to see how he felt on camera. He didn't want to make it a big public relationship, but he knew Ryland wouldn't be able to avoid the camera forever, so he was going to do a mokkbang with him, and see how he acted.

He had just got done putting the camera up when he heard the doorbell ring.

That must be Ryland, he thought as he turned the camera on, and opened the door. There stood Ryland, looking nervous. Immediately Shane put a blindfold on Ryland's head, and tied it.

"Shane, what the-" Ryland said as he was blindfolded.

"Don't take it off!" Shane laughed as Ryland struggled. "It's for the surprise."

Ryland stopped trying to take it off, and Shane led him over to the couch. They sat down, and Shane took the blindfold off, and Ryland looked around.

There was nothing. It was just a normal couch with an empty table as a camera.

"What was the point of the blindfold?" asked Ryland, and Shane smiled.

"Just to make you nervous." He said, and Ryland playfully slapped him.

"Then what's the video?" he asked.

"Well, all of my fans want to get to know you more, and so do I, so we are going to be doing a mokkbang." Shane said, and Ryland gave him a confused look.

"What's that?" he asked, and Shane sighed dramatically.

"Wow Ryland, you really need to keep up with the trends these days. Basically, a mokkbang is where we eat food and talk." He says as he pulls out a large bag.

"Oh silly me," Ryland said, playing along. "How could I forget?"

They opened up their food, and began to talk.

"First question," Shane said, looking at his phone. "What is the worst date you have ever been on?" asked, hoping it has nothing to do with him.

"Well," Ryland said, giving a dramatic thinking look. "I'd have to say when I first came out to my family as gay, my mom made me a Tinder account without me knowing, then matched with some random girl."

Shane started laughing. "So I'm guessing she didn't want to accept you didn't like girls." Ryland nodded. "So how did the date go?"

"Well," Ryland said, trying not to laugh. "My mom said she had gotten me lunch reservations at this place as a surprise, so I show up, and there's another girl waiting at my table."

FLASHBACK

Ryland approached the table, but saw there was a girl already sitting there. She had long, brown hair, and a fair complexion.

"Ryland?" she asked, getting up to shake his hand. He took it reluctantly.

"Hi?" He said, very confused as to what was going on.

"Oh, I'm Rachael." She said, and frowned when Ryland still looked confused. "The girl you matched with on Tinder?" Now he was very confused.

"I don't have a Tinder profile." He said, and she sighed. She opened up her phone, and gave it to him.

He scrolled through his "profile", and was shocked. There were pictures of him, some things he liked to do were listed, and then he opened up the messages.

There were so many! He scrolled down through the girls, and found Rachael.

There were a lot of cringy texts, some flirty ones, and finally it was her and "him" scheduling a date.

He handed the phone back, and apologized.

"I'm so sorry, someone must have made that for me. I have to go-" and with that, he ran out of the restaurant, leaving Rachael sitting there, stunned.

END OF FLASHBACK

"And I haven't seen her since." He concluded.

"Wow," Shane said as Ryland finished his story. "That was some date." Ryland nodded.

"Your turn!" Ryland said with a smile. Shane blushed.

They continued to talk long after the food was done. Shane even pulled out some alcohol.

By the time they remembered the camera was still on, it was a little after midnight.

"Shane," Ryland said, in a very drunk voice. "Since we're both drunk, we can't drive."

"So?" Shane asked, even more drunk.

"So, neither one of us can drive. I should stay the night." He said casually, and Shane smiled mischievously.

"That sounds like a great idea."

So Shane gave Ryland some clothes, and they went upstairs.

"Here's the guest room," Shane said, pointing to a door. "My room is right down the hall," he said, pointing to another room. "So if you need anything, just holler."

Ryland nodded, and went in. The instant he saw the bed, he belly flopped right on it, and didn't move. Shane chuckled to himself, and went in his room.

It wasn't two hours later that Shane heard a knock at his bedroom door.

"Shane?" He heard a small voice say from behind the door.

"Yeah," he responded.

"Can I come in?"

"Sure," he said, and in walked a dark figure. He scooted over on the bed, and Ryland laid down beside him. Shane couldn't see, but he swore he heard sniffles coming from Ryland.

"What's wrong?" He asked, concerned.

"Nothing," Ryland said. "Just a nightmare. I get them all the time, but this one was bad. I don't really want to talk about it yet."

Shane nodded sympathetically, and Ryland seemed to have seen, because he curled up under the covers. Shane smiled, and cuddled up next to him so they were spooning, and they stayed that way for the rest of the night.