9-The Text

The next morning, Shane was looking at his phone. Ryland had gone to work, and all he had to do was upload his video, since he had already filmed and edited. He was going through his phone, when he received a strange text from an unknown number.

?: Hey Shane

Shane: Who are you?

?: That's for me to know, and you to maybe find out

Shane: Fine. What do you want?

?: You have a cute boyfriend. 

Shane: Excuse me?

?: Why don't you want to share him with your fans? Right now they just think he's a friend.

Shane: I'm not ready

?: Well maybe you should get ready. It would be shame if they found out about you guys through me.

Shane: What are you talking about?

?: See for yourself. *file attached*

Shane opened the file, and was shocked at what he saw. It seemed to be a video of him and Ryland laughing and joking, and eventually falling asleep. He quickly closed it, and went back to the messages.

Shane: What the hell is this?

?: I think you know

Shane: What do you want?

?: Well, I always thought Ryland was cute

Shane: Huh?

?: I want Ryland

Shane: No way! He's my boyfriend!

?: You can have him back. I just want him as my own for one week, then I'll give him back

Shane: Still no.

?: Fine. I wonder how your fans will react when they find out you've been lying to them and hiding a big part of your life

Shane thought back to the comments, and how many people were so understanding.

Shane: They would understand. They probably wouldn't even believe you

?: Whatever you need to tell yourself. You have one week to decide.

Shane: Ok. My answer will still be the same.

?: If you say so.

Shane closed the contact, and called Ryland. He didn't answer. When it went to voicemail, Shane decided to leave a message so he wouldn't worry.

"Hey Ryland! Don't worry, I'm fine. Just call back when you have time, or I'll just wait until you get home. Ok, love you! Bye!" he said, and he shut off his phone. He sat down on the couch, and sighed.

He didn't know what to do. He wasn't ready to tell people about his relationship, but there was also no way he was giving Ryland over to be a stranger's slave for a week. He was very confused, and decided to just wait until Ryland got home. So he laid down on the couch, and stayed there for hours, waiting for Ryland to come home. 

Meanwhile at Clevver, Ryland had just finished his last video for the day, and was starting to pack up and head home. He checked his phone to see if Shane texted him, and saw his phone was dead. Oh well, he thought, and went out to his car and started to drive home.

When he arrived, he saw Shane asleep on the couch curled into a ball, eyes closed, tears silently falling. He was also talking.

"No-no you can't have him. He's mine! Go away!" he shouted, and Ryland shook him awake.

"Shane, Shane it's a dream!" he said as Shane sat upright, still crying. "Shane what happened?" Ryland asked as Shane grabbed his shirt and buried his face into Ryland's chest.

He cried a little more until he eventually calmed down. He then told Ryland all about the texts, and the threats, and how if he didn't give Ryland to this stranger for a week, they would release the video and all his fans would know about him and Ryland.

"Wow," Ryland said as Shane finished. 

"W-what are we going to do?" Shane asked, and Ryland shook his head.

"I don't know," he admitted. "But we don't have to figure it out now. Let's go up and go to bed, and we'll talk about it in the morning." he said, and Shane nodded. So they went up to bed, and Shane curled up into a tiny ball under the sheets and cuddled up to Ryland. 

They fell into an uneasy sleep, and they each woke up a couple times from nightmares, but they helped each other fall asleep. Eventually they fell into a deep sleep in each others arms, never wanting the moment to end.

Author's Note: Hey guys! I know, double update, but I was just in the mood. Plus, I knew this was going to be a little bit of a shorter chapter, so I decided to just post it today. I know that last part was a little cringy and corny, but I figured after the drama, I would add a little fluff to balance it out. I hope it wasn't too bad! Ok, I think that's it. Bye guys!