xv

"QUIDDITCH"

The players of both Quidditch teams, Hufflepuff and Gryffindor, were riding their broomsticks in the air, riding around the inside of the arena

The players of both Quidditch teams, Hufflepuff and Gryffindor, were riding their broomsticks in the air, riding around the inside of the arena. Since two Hogwarts Quidditch teams were doing a surprise practice match, a professor had to supervise, and the professor who deemed the match acceptable was Professor Filius Flitwick.

The half goblin, half wizard stood amongst the spectators of the match, whom were most likely other students in the two houses or acquaintances of the possible players. Professor Filius Flitwick sent off sparks from his wand, commencing the match. The two Quidditch teams flew into their positions as the balls were released shortly after Professor Flitwick's commencement of the match.

Scatters of groups and people spread across the lower seating of the stands, most spread nearby Professor Flitwick. "10 practice points for Gryffindor!" was what he said for a while as Gryffindor had its players shoot the balls through the hoops that rose from the grass. After a while when Gryffindor had ended up with 60 practice points, and Hufflepuff: 20 practice points, Professor Flitwick pointed up at Hufflepuff's Seeker, whom was racing in the high skies above the field.

Harry Potter, too, saw this and flew towards the Hufflepuff, and spotted that the Seeker had been trying to catch the Golden Snitch that constantly flew around him in an orbit. Flitwick pointed at the two Seekers quarreling for the Golden Snitch to be within their own grasp, "Look above, it seems as though the Snitch has been spotted!"

The other students around him looked at the direction of where the professor was pointing to. As did the others whom heard him speak of it. A girl sat alone, in silence as she watched the match play off above her. She was wearing her thick Hufflepuff scarf, and burrowing her face into the fabric as the weather was currently covering the Quidditch field and the stands in a thin layer of frost.

The Hufflepuff witch was holding onto a small yellow flag embellished with the badger and a broomstick that were passed out by an overly dedicated Hufflepuff third year. The scene unraveling above her was what held her attention, and it was the scene that permitted to notice that someone was walking toward her, "Alana?"

The voice that had ushered her name was easily recognizable to her, and Alana Wallace shot her head in the direction as to where she believes that the voice had came from. The owner of the voice was Neville Longbottom, the boy who she now had hatred for, — the boy that she believed to have thrown her away. "What?" she asked bitterly as she focused back onto the two Seekers flying about the sky, and adjusted her scarf.

"I noticed that you weren't at the ball, did you become ill?" Alana could tell that Neville had been worried after he noticed her absence at the ball.

"I did," she lied. Her stomach was churning at the memory she had of Ginny Weasley and Neville dancing. Alana did not fully lie at how she became ill, she could remember the feeling that she once had, and she was quickly becoming distant at the moment.

What she saw became faded to black. Alana Wallace reached into her pocket for her wand, and held it out into the air, "Lumos." Instead of light being cast by the tip of her wand, it seemed as though the area around her had become fully lit.

The surrounding area was a Muggle hospital room, and she absorbed the objects around her. There were many doctors or nurses running past the room in the hallway, sometimes just normal, ordinary people who wore no uniforms that the Muggles did. She knew instantly what this was: the hospital that she had been treated at. The scent of the medicine that she distinctly disfavored filled her nose, and she frowned at this deeply.

Her legs carried her outside of the room, and past the doors that were at the end of the long hall. To her left was a window, and inside that window was a room lit only by one large overhead light. The light was cast onto a body that laid there with cords and wires connected to it. In the corner of the room, from what she could tell it was her parents and an unknown doctor.

She could not heard what they were conversing about. Alana shivered as the body under the light coughed, she saw who it was. It was herself looking as though she was a corpse. She fell to the floor and hit her head on something, Alana lost consciousness as her vision faded to the dark abyss of nothingness.

Alana Wallace was awake as fast as she had fallen, but her body still shivered as she noticed that she was back on the Quidditch field, covered in snow on the stands.