lxxxvii

"ATTEMPTING NORMALCY"

Classes were technically back in session now at Hogwarts School

Classes were technically back in session now at Hogwarts School. Seemingly, it was still the same — same castle, but with the most recent additions to the school, the daunting veil hung over it, the two professor who have a certain dark aura, and the new headmaster of the school.

The hallways of the school were more desolate and empty than ever before. Alana walked them, and it was a while before she saw another soul wandering these halls — just one of the ghosts that would always roam the school before.

Of course, Alana had some freedom to do what she wanted, perhaps more than anyone here.

She made her way to the Great Hall, where Lunch was still being served. It was near the end of the midday service, and there were practically less than thirty people in the room, sitting in silence.

Alana made her way to the Hufflepuff table where she would normally sit. When she sat down, the closest trays on the table to her seemed to have regenerated with food. She grabbed the large glass flagon of butterbeer, and poured it into a smaller flagon that she placed just to the left of the empty plate in-front of her. She grabbed one sandwich from the stacked tower of chicken sandwiches to the left of her, and scooped a few cooked vegetables onto her plate.

She looked around, noticing how there were now less than twenty people in the room now, including her. Alana ate silently, appreciating the silence of the room, that would have perhaps spooked others. She tried seeing if there were any other people around that she could recognize. Then, her eyes stopped on Jayden Brooks, who was faced the opposite way.

The chicken sandwich was delicious, and the vegetables as well. Alana decided that today, she would ignore the troubles she was facing, or the recent situation at Hogwarts and the overall wizarding world, and decided that she would make the best time of her day.

Once she was done with her plate, she grabbed a few parchment papers and wrapped a cornish pastie and a treacle tart with it. She left the Great Hall, and continued to walk around the castle — just exploring the castle in general.

Alana arrived at a door, of Professor McGonagall's office. Why not?

After knock or two, the door opened to reveal Professor McGonagall who had answered the door, "Miss Wallace, how surprised I am to see you here."

"It is surprising," Alana agreed. "I'm kind of doing what I want today."

"As one must," Professor McGonagall stated. "Was there a reason why you came here, perhaps your conscious decided you had to speak with me ... ?"

"Maybe," Alana sighed, perhaps it was true. "May I come in?"

"Of course," she opened the door wider, allowing for Alana to pass her. Alana walked to one of the chairs in the room and sat down. "Would you like some tea?"