xl

"LONDON, PART ONE"

"I'll be heading out" was yelled from the front door of the Wallace Mansion as Alana Wallace pulled the front door of the house behind her, walking out of the mansion onto the gravel where a limousine waited

The driver that had worked for the Wallace family for years now got out of the car once he realized that the youngest member of the Wallace family had set foot out of the house to escape to the city of London where the wonders of the ancient city awaited and Diagon Alley had kept its location at. He was tall and lanky with thinning gray hair, "Hello Miss."

Mr. Reynolds had worked from her family for as long as she could remember. Alana Wallace had remembered when the old man had less wrinkles, more colorful hair, and a smile that always seemed to be tainted onto his lips.

"Hello Reynolds," Alana Wallace nodded to the old man who smiled back. "I've complied to my worries of my father of a guard. Will you be that guard for today, sir?"

"No, ma'am," the old man, called constantly Reynolds opened the back door of the limousine where Alana Wallace had been closest nearby. The Hufflepuff scooted into the seat of the limousine where the inside of the car had been dark, due to the tinting of the windows. Just before the man closed the door, he explained, "Your parents hired a new guard shortly after you left for Hogwarts, ma'am."

Alana hummed slightly as Reynolds started the limousine and the inside lights of bright, cyan blue illuminated the outline of the objects inside of the car. The lights reached a figure that wore dark oval glasses, and that had bronze brunette hair and slightly tanned skin. The girl had jumped when she realized that the figure had been a boy, possibly older than her that had been staring at her.

"Good afternoon, Miss Wallace. My name is Jayden Brooks, it would be very much appreciated if you called me by 'Brooks'. Your parents hired me at the start of the year as a guard and now have assigned me as your personal bodyguard. Nice to meet you," he nodded, holding his hand in a prompt manner.

"Nice to meet you too, ... Brooks," Alana nodded to him, rather confused at why he hadn't exited out of the limousine in the first place to introduce himself rather that stay in the darkness alone. "Are you excited for today?"

Brooks smiled, showing his bright white teeth as if he thought that what Alana said was partially hilarious on his point of view. "Actually: yes; I am excited for today," he took off his glasses and rubbed his eyes tiredly, "this will probably be a proper outing that I've been with while working with your family."

"Oh, you poor thing," Alana remarked jokingly.

The limousine pulled out from the gravel trail that winded to the gates of the property to the front door of the mansion and back. Shortly the car had glided smoothly on the concrete that led to the city of London, where shops awaited for the Wallace girl to spend her money on clothes and possibly jokes and including everything that consisted of Diagon Alley.

The countryside that the Wallace mansion resided in turned slowly in the bustling city of London that has centuries of history possibly more interesting than the last century. People hustled out of the city, some walking in or out of the London Underground stations and some wandering around the streets, admiring the beauty that the city has to offer.

As clouds rolled over the sky and as the limousine that is in possession of the Wallace family rolled throughout the streets in between traffic. A building that appeared to be unoccupied and painted black came into view, where the limousine pulled up to.

"What are you thinking of doing today?" Brooks asked, the side of his mouth pulling into a smile as he slid on his dark glasses. He adjusted his suit and sat in the chair.

Alana rolled down the window closest to her, and she shrugged, "I don't know, let's go around the city — explore. And maybe we should go to Diagon Alley first since we're already here."