lxx

"DISTURBANCE"

The drive to the Wallace estate was just as long as it had always been, just as about as long as a hour

The drive to the Wallace estate was just as long as it had always been, just as about as long as a hour. The Wallace estate was on a large plot of land, surrounded by a forest to prevented Muggles and animals from entering the property. The Wallace Mansion itself was a dark-stone castle that has been kept in the family for many generations, approximately less than a thousand square feet of space for the interior, but currently only a third of the space is actively being used by the current Wallace family members.

On the outskirts of the forest was driving a black car that edged closer and closer through the thick trees. Even though it approached the gates of the property, and car did not appear to de-escalate in speed. Just before the car crashed into it, it opened then closed itself just as quickly.

The car veered down the path from the gate, towards the large dark castle that laid in the middle of the property. It slowed down finally, crunching against the gravel at the same time. The car stopped, and after a second, the door opened.

Out came our familiar Alana, who turned around and looked back to the inside of the car, "Are you coming?"

Brooks got out of the car, and responded, "No, sadly. I'm going on break. But don't worry, I'll meet you when the next school year starts up again."

He made his way towards the open trunk and pulled out a few bags from it, and set the three of them on the gravel floor. Alana nodded, "Well, see you in a few months then."

"You as well, Ms. Wallace," he chirped, and climbed back into the car, before closing the door behind him. The car drove off again, towards the gate that lay on the edge of the tree line. It went out.

Alana turned towards the dark castle, and started at the windows for any evidence of living. One or two windows seemed to be lit by candlelight — father's office and the room where mother usually conducts her afternoon tea. She walked up to the tall wooden front doors, grabbed the knocker and let it fall as silently as what could be allowed.

After a moment, the door was opened by an elf. She and the elf had a brief exchange of greetings. Alana found out that her parents had been exactly where she thought they had been, her mother in her tearoom, and her father in his office. Instead of greeting them immediately, Alana headed straight to her room and started to unpack some of the things from her bags to their respective places.

Possibly an hour had passed before there was a simple knock at the door, presumably by one of the elves tending to the mansion. "Yes?" Alana prompted.

"Miss," the elf spoke clearly from the other side of the door. "Your parents are waiting for you in the living room."

"Okay. Thank you for letting me know," Alana responded. The elf shut the door. And Alana let out a quick sigh and paused. She turned and walked out of the her room, then down the hall until the living room door.