Prologue

*Aslesha*

"Aashi yaar uth na! Maine bola tha na tujhe, aaj party me jaana hai" Pari, my best friend, comes barging in my room like it's her own and starts pulling me off my bed.

"Ugh Pari maine pehle bhi kaha tha I don't wanna come to that stupid party" I say and bury my face in the pillow.

"Lekin mujhe pehli baar permission mili hai kisi party me jaane ki. Vo bhi isliye ke daddy out of town hai. You know na mere ghar wale kaise hai. Wapas mujhe kabhi mauka nahi milega kisi bhi party me jaane ka. I'll die without attending a single party in my life.." she whines.

At the last sentence I lift up my head and give her a what-the-hell look. She looks at me batting her eyelashes and gives me a sheepish smile.

This girl's face is just true to her name. She has beautiful grey eyes which are right now half covered with her bangs and a small nose. Her smile can make any guy go crazy. With that innocent face it's impossible to reject her and she knows it. She is doing just that with her Pari face power.

"Please Aashi.." she says and that's where she drops the bomb. How can someone say please like that.

I sigh and she knows she's got me. She hugs me and says, "Aashi, meri jaan hai tu. Chal jaldi tayyar ho ja!"

I sit up as she starts looking through my closet for a suitable dress. That's when I notice what she is wearing. A navy blue tank top with white cut offs.

I go and wash my face and wear the clothes she hands me - black jeggings and a red top.

Pari for the 1837th time since we became friends asks me if she can style my hair and I for the 1837th time say no.

Well that's because they are the only part of me that are perfect. I love them and I trust nobody enough to touch my hair, not even my best friend.

I have freckles on my cheeks and braces. So with that face, my hair is the only thing that makes me look somewhat average.

After a little make up we both look at ourselves in the mirror. Pari is smiling goofily and I am already looking tired.

"This is my first party and I already hate it" I say as we walk towards the living room with the gift wrapped chocolate box in my hand.

"Shut up Aashi! Hum Goa me rehte hai, the party capital of India. Parties matlab Goa. Goa matlab parties" she says. Her energy is contagious and I can't help but chuckle.

"Look at both of my girls looking so gorgeous" papa says when he sees us and comes to hug us. I roll my eyes while Pari giggles.

"Anil uncle you are always so sweet" she says. Yes he is actually. I've got the best papa in the whole world.

"Come on girls I'll quickly drop you now.. by what time should I come to pick you up?" he asks and leads us outside the house.

"The party is just 2 blocks away papa. We'll be fine on our own" I say and Pari nods. "Um ok. But agar aate time late hua toh waha se call karna ok.. I'll pick you up" he says. "Papa it's a simple birthday party. Not some rave party" I assure him.

"Okay fine fine.. now go it's already 7.15" he says and listening to that Pari starts pulling me and off we go.

Pari starts with her non-stop chapad-chapad and I quitely listen to her not really paying attention.

Goa is world famous for it's beaches and due to tourism it's always lively. But now that it's the start of June, people rarely come here and it seems like a quiet city by the beach. The roads are a little wet due to rain and the dark clouds forming above us promise rain.