Chapter 22

*Viraj*

I yawn as the guy on stage performs some hip hop dance number. This is so repetitive. Hip Hop, Bollywood and western style.

Aur kitne performances baaki hai? Aslesha ka number kab aayega? Mujhe uska naam baad me adjust karna pada isliye last hai shayad.

His performance is over and then Trisha comes on stage. "Aa gayi chudail" I mutter under my breath and Rudra laughs beside me.

She is wearing a crop top and shorts which are barely covering her ass. Kuch toh imagination ke liye chhod deti. Huh.

She is dancing on some Bollywood song and I can't understand anything other than kamli kamli kamli... Konsa song hai kya pata.

The boys stand up and start cheering for her, some screaming her name, some whistling.

Finally she is done and gets off stage after blowing kisses to everyone and all that shit. Ja na re baba ab.

The lights go off. The sound of ghungroos echo in the dark and I know it's Aslesha's turn now. I sit straight and lean ahead.

I can see her vague figure in the dark standing on the stage. Arree lights lagaao idiots.

Just then the spotlight suddenly falls on her and she closes her eyes tightly, and then slowly opens them. Jesus, kitni khoobsurat lag rahi hai.

She is wearing a nicely fitted dress, anarkali, which is flowing down to her feet. It's off-white with golden design on it.

There are gasps and whispers all around and the guy in front oh me gets up to leave.

"Baith neeche nahi toh tera muh fod dunga" I grab his collar and pull him down. Aslesha's expression turns worried and she looks at me.

I give her a reassuring nod and she sighs. She nods towards the music guy and does the namaskar. She always does it before dancing I guess. I find it really cute.

The tune of one of A.R Rehman's best songs fills the hall. I know this song. Bahot dino baad sunn raha hu but I know the lyrics.

Tum tak.

Aslesha starts dancing. And again I'm totally mesmerized by her. She's beautiful, graceful, just amazing. Her movements are so smooth and effortless, it's like she is floating in the air. Her ghungroos in sync with every beat.

She's staring ahead but suddenly her eyes catch mine and my breath catches in my throat.

Chup ke dekhna ek alag baat hai, but jab ye aankho me aankhe daal ke naache, it's.. indescribable. It's like she is dancing for me. Like all those lyrics and expressions are for me. Which totally a stupid concept of my head by the way.

Her expressions are so on point. Kuch samajh nahi aa raha, uske per dekhu, haath dekhu ya chehra dekhu. Everything is perfect.

Naino ki dhaak le ja, Naino ki naiyya..
Patwaar tu hai meri, Tu khevaiyya..
Jaana hai paar tere, Tu hi bhanwar hai..
Pahunchegi paar kaise, Naazuk si naiyya....

The song slowly slowly comes to an end and she takes the last position as slowly the lights turn on. There is pin drop silence in the hall. Even Rudra beside me is staring blankly at her.

I look at her and her face becomes sad. Koi kuch react kyu nahi kar raha? She's gonna be so dissapointed. She'll never dance on the stage again.

No. Fuck!