Chapter 16

*Aslesha*

"Bye paglu! Kal yaad se 3 baje. Late mat karna" Viraj yells and I wave him goodbye as he and Rudra go for their practice.

On Fridays the library closes at 5 when the college hours are done so I didn't have to wait today.

"So now you guys are seeing each other on the weekends too?" Pari asks raising her eyebrows.

"We're partners for the assignment remember? Thanks to your Majnu" I say.

I go to the supermarket to buy some groceries with her, spending some much needed Pari-time and then drop her home. I reach home around 6 and go to my bedroom and just lie down on my bed feeling utterly tired.

What a week this was! The longest and the most hectic week of my entire life.

Monday was the announcement. Tuesday I danced in the studio and Viraj saw me and also recorded my dance. Wednesday we were thrown out of class and then in the evening we went to Cabo de Rama fort where I ate those amazing Chinese bhajiya.

I need to dig out the name of that place from him soon.

Thursday I went to his house and we saw the match together. I also made him a sandwich. And today we had the little food fight where I buried his face in the plate of pasta.

I smile at that thought. It was so hilarious. A week filled with Viraj. It's just 3 days he's been acting like that and we're like long lost friends who have met after years and are having too much fun together.

I need to get a bloody grip on my emotions. Just a week ago I wanted him to rot in hell and ab aadha ghanta hua nahi usko gaye hue and am already thinking about him.

I need to distract myself. I keep forgetting that he's doing all this just for me to participate.

I sigh and get up from my bed in the mood to just cook something to music. So I go to the kitchen and decide to make chhole bhature. I switch on the music player and take a break from reality for a while.

~•~•~•~•~•~•

"Aur kya chal raha hai college me" papa asks as we sit on the dining table having our dinner.

"Papa kya bataau aapko. Like pehle school me it was just me and Paro na. Ab toh humara itna bada group hai aur sab ek se badh ke ek namune hai. There's Paro obviously. And maine aapko Rudra ke baare me bataya tha na. Vo jo school ke time se Pari ko pasand karta hai.." I say and papa nods.

"Vo bhi humare saath hi baithta hai aur lunch vagera sab saath me. I think Pari is starting to like him too" I say and giggle. He smiles looking at me.

"Aur there's Shabnam and Joel who I met on the first day through Rudra. Shabnam is really kind and such a sweet heart. Like she is always positive about everything and then Joel.. bahot smart hai vo papa. He wears these huge glasses. Jaise vo apne pados wale Mathew uncle pehente hai na waise hi. But he's the one cracking all the smart jokes and knowing all the answers in class and stuff. Aur Tej!! Baap re baap vo toh itna ajeeb hai na papa" I say and laugh at the thought of him.

That freaky weirdo!

"Badi ajeeb baate karta hai vo. But bahot hassi aati hai uski baato pe. And there's Sid. The Bollywood freak. Khud ko Shah Rukh Khan samajhta hai vo. He's really cool though. And Saumya ke baare me batayi thi na mai? Meri library wali friend. Vo bhi humare saath baithne lagi hai ab lunch k liye. And last but not the least vir.. aap hass kyu rahe ho?" I ask suddenly when I see my dad grinning.

"Nothing. It's just so good to see you like that.. continue continue. You were talking about Veer" he says smiling.

I never told him about how Viraj was the one who had cut my hair. I think he never should know. Aadhi galti usme meri bhi thi. That was a long time ago and Viraj is not the same now. I'm not the same. Our equation has changed.