Chapter 58

*Viraj*

Strawberries and coffee. That's the first thing I smell.

I groan and stuff my face into the pillow and the smell of strawberries gets stronger.

Aslesha.

I jerk up from the bed and flinch. Fucking hell this headache! Mai itni daaru bahot saalo baad peeya.

I slowly open my eyes and look at the surroundings. This is not my bedroom obviously.

The first thing I see is a big book shelf filled with novels. I'm at Aslesha's place.

I put my head in my hands as I remember the events of yesterday. I called Aslesha.

Shit shit shit!

She came to pick me up. She took care of me. She told me that she's not with Neel anymore. I- I kissed her in bed. On her long beautiful neck. I told her she's beautiful. No. I told her she's fucking beautiful. And then we almost kissed but.. what am I missing here?

The scar! Yes.

Those were definitely stitches. I'm not sure whether I saw it correctly. But ab mai nashe me nahi hu, sahi se dekh lunga.

And now, I have to face her.

Fuck!

Kyu mai hamesha uske saamne pagal jaise harkate kar ke khud ko embarass karta rehta hu? Kyu kyu kyu? Ugh!

I want to look around her bedroom. In her wardrobe and drawers and stuff. Pata toh chale ke iski life ab hai kaisi. Lekin mera aisa naseeb hai ke taak jhaak karte hue bhi pakda jaaunga. Forget it.

Dammit uske papa? I guess he's not home because kal jab hum yaha aaye tab the door was locked. Haashh..

I go out to the living room and see a pillow and blanket on the sofa. So she slept here and let me sleep in her bed. I feel a weird feeling in my chest.

I go to the kitchen and see her. She is not facing me. Drunk Viraj and sober Viraj, ek baat pe toh agree kar hi sakte hai.. that she's fucking beautiful!

She's wearing a long kurti and her hair is damp from the shower falling in curls almost down to her lower back.

She's wearing earphones while cooking and humming a song.

I listen closely.

Yaad hai mujhko tune kaha tha
Tumse nahi roothenge kabhi
Dil ki tarah se aaj mile hai
Kaise bhala chhootenge kabhi..

Oh.. one of my favourite songs by Mohammed Rafi ji.

Teri baahon mein beeti har shaam
Bewafa yeh bhi kya yaad nahi?

Why do these lyrics seem so relatable?

Kya hua tera vaada.. woh kasam woh irada
Bhoolega dil jis din tumhein
Woh din zindagi ka aakhri--

She suddenly looks back and catches me staring and stops singing. Great great! Just great!

Beautiful bol le. Kiss kar le. Ghuur le. Aur wapas dil tudwaa le.