Chapter 43

*Aslesha*

"Done packing?" I ask when I step in Viraj's bedroom.

He is playing a video game on his computer and pauses it look at me and smiles.

He gestures me to come towards him
and pulls me on his lap. I lean on his back as he resumes the game again.

"Packing kya karni? Nikalne se pehle kar lunga" he says absentmindedly as he vigorously presses the buttons on his remote control.

"Maine tumhe bola tha na aaj college jaane. Faaltu me chhutti ho gayi" he says, his eyes glued to the screen.

"Faaltu me kaha. I'm coming to drop you to the airport" I say as I close my eyes and snuggle more into him, listening to his steady heartbeat.

"Waha phones kyu nahi allowed hai" I whine as that question has been eating me up the whole time since he told me.

He chuckles and keeps the remote controller down as he puts his hands around me and places his chin on my shoulder.

"It's gonna be like army training. The best ones are gonna be selected for under 19 world cup. World cup. Thode sacrifices karne padte hai" he says and kisses my shoulder.

"You are gonna miss me so much" he laughs. "Tumhara face cheekh raha hai ke oh Viraj mat jaao mujhe chhod ke. Tumhare bina mai marr jaaungi" he says in a dramatic tone and I scoff.

"Oh please. Mai toh khush hu ke tum ja rahe ho. Kuch din yaha shaanti hogi. Maza aayega" I say and try to get up from his lap but he doesn't let me.

"You are such a bad liar Aslesha Mathur" he says shaking his head and I smile.

"And you are really very arrogant Viraj Singhania" I say. He smiles and places his hand on my nape and pulls me in for a kiss.

He kisses me urgently and I do the same. Like our lives depend on it. Just 2 days in a relationship and it feels like so long. I can't even think about not seeing him for one whole week. It's gonna be so hard.

I pull away for breath and we just stay like that for a moment. Foreheads touching, eyes closed, heavy breathing.

"I'm gonna miss you dummy" I say looking into his blue eyes. From this close they are more beautiful. My favourite pair of eyes.

"And I'm gonna miss you paglu" he says.

"Chalo ab packing karte hai" I say getting up from his lap and he groans. "Baad me kar lunga na mai" he whines but removes his luggage bag anyway.

For the next hour we pack his bag. Itna time isliye kyu ke Viraj koi kaam shaanti se karta nahi aur mujhe bhi nahi karne deta. Damn I'm seriously gonna miss him bad.

Later we have lunch with his mom and as always it's really fun.

"Dahi khaane se cricketers bannte log toh.."

His mom doesn't let him finish the sentence as she forces the spoon of dahi in his mouth and effectively shuts him up.

"Har chiz me teri kirkir. Chup chap kha le na meri khushi ke liye" she scolds him and he rolls his eyes.

"Achha tune sab le liya na. Ticket vagera?" she asks when we step out of the house and I go and sit on my scooty.

"Haa maa"

"First aid box bhi rakha hai na?"

"Haa maa"

"Aur charger Liya ke nahi. Toothbrush?"

"Sab le liya. Ab jaau mai?"

"Aur underwear liya na"

"Oh god maa! Please!" Viraj exclaims as I cover my mouth to not burst out laughing. He looks at me with a embarrassed look on his face and glares at his mom.

"Gussa kya kar raha hai? Last time Aslesha, tumhe bataa rahi hu, hum iske mama ke ghar gaye the tab underwear pack hi nahi kiya fir.."

"MAAA!" Viraj shouts and buries his face in his hands as I burst out laughing. I can't control anymore.

"Isme kya sharmana? Ye sab toh.." He quickly hugs her before she finishes her sentence and touches her feet. She smiles and wishes him luck as he sits behind me on my scooty in a rush.

"Jaldi chalo jaldi chalo" he says.

"Phone karna ha Veer. Apna khayal rakhna. Bye" she says as we finally hit the street.

I still can't stop laughing.

"I love your mom" I say and I see him roll his eyes in the rearview mirror.

"Bass karo ab that was so weird" he says and puts his hands on my thighs and starts drawings circles with his fingertips.

My laugh completely ceases as my body stiffens and I see him smirk through the mirror.

"Don't!" I say as I clutch the handle tightly. "Accident ho jaayega ha Viraj ab, tum maar khaaoge".

He chuckles and puts his hands around my waist and places his cheek on my shoulder.

This boy!

"Ab se mai tumhe hi aage bithaaunga. I'm loving this" he says as he rubs his nose on my shoulder and inhales deeply. I smile at those words and with a lot of effort, put all of my concentration on the road. The rest of the ride is silent as we reach the airport.

"Time pe pahoch gaye na?" I ask as we walk inside and he nods. We reach the departure area and my chest starts feeling heavy.

Viraj looks at me for a moment and pulls me in for a hug when he realises the change in my mood.

"I'm gonna miss you so much paglu" he says and rubs my back. I feel like sitting on the floor and crying and forcing him to not go.

But he has to. It's been his dream. Yahi se sab shuru hone wala hai uske liye. His life is gonna change and this is the first step. He can't miss it. I won't let him. This is where his journey begins and I'm gonna be by his side throughout it all like a good supportive girlfriend.

"Jaldi aao tum bass. Aur achha perform karna" I tell him as I place my hand gently on his cheek and rub it lightly with my thumb.

"Tumhare liye century pakka maarunga. Now please smile. Show me that deep little dimple of yours" he says poking my cheek and I chuckle.

"That's my girl" he says and ruffles my hair and the announcement is made again and I know it's time for him to go.

"Um Viraj I've got you something" I say and remove the little box from my pocket and give it to him.

He looks at me

"Call me once you reach" I say as he steps back and slowly leaves my hand. "Yes. Ok bye" he smiles and walks away.

I see him walk away but suddenly he comes back running towards me and  kisses my forehead. "Ye reh gaya tha" he grins and walks away again. I smile as I feel the touch of his lips still lingering on my skin.

Ek hafta kaisa jaayega kya pata.

~•~•~•~•~•~•

I'm really sorry late chapter ke liye.. aur chhotu chapter ke liye bhi.. I didn't want to keep you'll waiting for more.. mai gaav gayi thi aur ab aa gayi hu so ab jaldi jaldi chapters dungi.. tab tak ke liye ye chapter se kaam chala lo please... Sorry again.. ily