27.An Heir

In the early hours of the fourth of June the new heir was born. It was as if the world had stopped even if it was just for a moment. Victoria had already been in labour throughout the night. Worrying the doctors. They hadn't seen a birth in House Demure for a very long time and today was the day it all changed. The little boy was perfect. A perfect heir for House Demure.

Victoria was laid on the white sheets with the little boy wrapped up in her arms. His hand wrapped around her wedding ring as she just stared at him. She watched his beautiful blue eyes flutter open occasionally and scan her face. Smiling slightly at him as he wriggled about. Cooing at her as she spoke to him.

Breaking the moment of bonding between the two was Francis rushing in. Stopping in his tracks as he saw the little boy in Victoria's arms. Sitting gently beside Victoria gazing at the child. She turned her head towards him and smiled.

"he is beautiful isn't he." Victoria whispers and Francis nods

"He is amazing." Francis says and touches his face lightly mesmerised by him.

"You know Miss Florence is waiting outside the door to take him." Francis whispers and kisses Victoria's head

"I know but I told you. I want to look after him. I would have If I was not Queen and I will look after him now." Victoria says and the little boy coos at the two of them making the both smile.

"That is not what the court believe. Now we need to decide a name." Francis changed the subject

"How about Johnathan or John." Victoria said 

"Prince Johnathan. Fits him perfectly." Francis states as one of the court members writes down his name on a piece of paper. 

Creating an announcement paper that will be sent round to all the other families to announce the birth of the little boy. Once it was finished the court member left the room stopping to call on Francis.

"Your majesty , I am sorry to bother you bonding with your son but you are needed in the drawing room. promptly." The court member said and headed out the door.

" I will see you both later on. Being a King doesn't stop when you have a child." Francis joked and Victoria shook her head.

"You stepped down when you married me remember. I am your superior my dear and I gave you an heir. So please go to the meeting on my behalf darling. I have a baby to take care of." Victoria said and Francis grumbled knowing it was the truth

" Ok my dear." Francis says and Victoria smiles at him quickly and then turns back to the small baby who had drifted off to sleep.

Rocking him slightly as he wriggled and whined in her arms. Shhing him as he began to stir and cry. Their new life as a family of three had just begun.