Chapter 14; Whitetooth Village

Copyright ©

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 14; Whitetooth Village

Jacob's father, the alpha, had been sat within a pack meeting for most of the entire day. Jacob was also obliged to be there, as the packs bête and also as Skye's defence, as he was her mate.

Jacob had explained on numerous occasions about the dreams/visions in which he believed to have found out after reading Skye's diary. Though he did keep her more personal secretes to himself.

After an hour of listening to the packs arguments, Jacob had stood up and walked out of the elder's tent. He wasn't being disrespectful; he just couldn't listen to another bad word spoken out against his mate. If Jacob would have stayed, he wouldn't have been accountable for his words or actions.

The day had slowly dragged by; yet, his father had sort to calling Jacob back to the packs meeting. Ducking his head under the lip of the elder's tent, all eyes were suddenly directed at him. Through the silence, Jacob stepped forward moving towards his alpha.

Jacob's father rarely mixed with the pack these days, though his word didn't go unnoticed or un-listened to. Every member of the pack kept to the pack rules; rules in which had been in place for centuries, all for the benefit of keeping the packs secret and gifts safe.

If a rule was to be broken, then the shifter who had broken it would be banished from the pack - or worse - turned against, depending on what it was they had done. Jacob, he had broken the highest rule there was; you were never to bite or change a human.

"You called for me."

"Come, sit."

A fire burnt brightly within the centre of the elder's tent, filling the air with a warmth, the smoke drifting up and out of the top. Taking a seat close to his father, Jacob waited for the arguing to start up all over again.

Words passed seamlessly, yet all of them were still about Skye. Anger bubbled within Jacob, but he knew he needed to control his possessiveness over the one he loved. Eventually, he couldn't take it any longer; he had to leave, so he stood. His fists clenched tightly at his sides, Jacob's jaw was working extremely hard with the effort in keeping his mouth firmly shut.

"Where are you going, Jacob?"

"You don't need me here, it's obvious that you have everything under control, just the way you wanted it."

"Are you at least not going to put forth your own view on the situation?"

Jacob turned back around to face his father, not caring who he stood on within the process of doing so.

"I have already spoken to you about what I think and believe. Skye is my mate, but she is also the new spirit wolf."

"And you're certain of this, you're not just saying this because she is your mate?"

"Why would I lie, test her if you don't believe me, - that's if Skye will even cooperate with you."

"No, she is too vulnerable; bring her into the pack will only cause her more undue stress. Skye isn't ready, no matter how much you want to believe that she is, my son. We will watch, - that is all we can do for now."

"So you're not objecting to my actions, you're not objecting or stopping me from being with Skye?"

"Skye is your mate, deal with her how you wish."

Jacob's father dismissed him, so he left without another word. Moving through the tiny village, he kept himself moving towards his own tent. Ducking under the lip, he threw himself down onto his bed, cushioned upon the ground.