Chapter 28; - The Inuit Elder's

Copyright ©

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 28; - The Inuit Elder's

"Skye, I'm coming with you!"

"But what if your father expects me to go alone; - why else wouldn't he have told you?"

Jacob was pacing my bedroom; - I swear if he continued, he was going to create a groove within the wooden floorboards.

"I don't care what my father may think. I'm coming with you, - I'm not allowing you to go and face the elder's alone."

Sighing, I gave up on arguing with Jacob, it just wasn't worth it. My uncle had fallen asleep, his snores penetrated throughout the house. Sat upon the edge of my bed and watching Jacob pace, I was just waiting on Chandresh or his guard to come and collect me.

Hearing a quiet knock upon my bedroom door, Jacob's head snapped up, striding forward he swung the door aggressively open. Rolling my eyes at him and standing, I had to suppress a small smile; - why did he have to be so melodramatic?

"Jacob; - Skye, can you come with me, bring your coat and make sure you wrap up warm."

Chandresh nodded, acknowledging his son before his gaze fell upon me. Slipping out of my room past Jacob, I hurried to grab my coat, also pulling on my boots. Slipping on my coat and fastening it securely, I hurried back down the hallway.

"I'm coming with Skye, you're not taking her anywhere without my blessing."

Chandresh turned upon his heel, heading towards the rarely used back door.

"I didn't expect to, my son."

Taking a hold of my hand and pulling me with him, Jacob quickly hurried us both after his father. The back door was slightly ajar; - stepping out, the wind battered my face as eight tall shadows stepped forward out of the darkness towards us.

The light falling out from behind of us illuminated the eight fully clothed Inuit descendants. At least Chandresh wasn't expecting me to shift; - we were going to walk to their village, staying within our human forms.

Jacob stepped forward, his hand slid around my waist, as he pulled me gently forward with him. Greeting his fellow pack members, Jacob smiled and joked with his old time friends. How much it must hurt him to stay away from his home and his pack, - all just to be with me.

Guilt and shyness consumed me, as Jacob introduced me to each member, as his Luna. To be completely honest, I hated that name and Jacob knew I didn't like being called Luna. Each member greeted me with a bow, but none of them made eye contact with me or spoke a word.

Whether that was customary, I wasn't sure, but Jacob did seem to hold me behind him slightly keeping distance between me and his own people. Chandresh strode forward, taking the attention of his pack. The roaring winds were wild, tossing and pulling at my hair. Keeping my head ducked down, I was kind of glad that Jacob had and was coming with me.

"We don't stop for nothing; - I want the girl to the village and back, well before morning."

The eight pack members nodded, taking up their positions around me and Jacob. Tightening his hold upon his arm around of me, I gripped his arm, glancing up at him as he led me forward.

Chandresh stayed ahead of us, the others walking in pace surrounding us. Leaving the ranch, I had no idea where I was going, Jacob had never told me the actually whereabouts and location of his village. Moving up the bottom of the mountain, the further we went, the harder the climb became.