Chapter 9; Jacob

Copyright © All Rights Reserved

Chapter 9; Jacob

Staring into the young man's beautiful dark eyes; I think he was more surprised in the fact that I hadn't tried to scream out again, than the fact that I didn't even try to pull away from him. For some unknown reason, I had no intention whatsoever to want to move from where I was. Alright, maybe he could have removed his hand from covering my mouth.

I recognized his scent immediately, I was sure he was the same person who had helped me the previous night, leaving before I could thank him. He seemed to be listening, - for what - I wasn't sure. I couldn't hear anything out of the ordinary, my uncle's and Chandresh's snores penetrated throughout the farmhouse as normal.

Slowly, the young man eventually released his hold over my mouth. At first, I was so shocked that I couldn't even speak, never mind move. What was he doing within my room and how did he even get into the house? New questions added on top of old questions. Gradually sitting myself up, I watched how the young man nervously took a step back away from me.

With my bed covers pulled up to my chin, I didn't even know where to place my eyes. My gaze falling down onto my covers, it was like a submissive feeling was passing over me. I so badly wanted to say something, but somehow I just knew that he had to be the first to speak.

"Please don't do that."

The young man's eyes had roamed my bedroom, before falling back onto me. Suddenly he was right there in my face, holding my chin up, as he stared back into my eyes.

"Please don't be submissive with me, you're the only upon this land who has the right not to be."

His face was kind, his voice sweet and even though my inner wolf painful pined to be near him. In all out honesty, I was scared. I didn't know who this young man was or why he was even within my bedroom?

"I'm scaring you; I'm sorry, Skye."

Taking a seat upon the edge of my bed, I tucked my knees further up to my chest, as his hand dropped away from my face. How did the young man even know my name? His touch hadn't been harsh, it had actual been quite gently, leaving tingles trailing across my skin.

"You must be so confused, but I assure you that I'm not going to harm you, I just had to see you. I also didn't mean to wake you; I would've allowed you to sleep, had you not awoken screaming."

"You didn't awaken me; I actually sleep badly most nights."

The young man glanced back up at me, when I had finally spoken to him. He seemed to be remembering something, like my words actual meant something to him.

"Who are you, and how did you even get into my bedroom?"

My question seemed to have caught the young man off guard; maybe he didn't actually want me to know his true identity? But why hide it from me; I already knew that he was a shifter, as we have the same distinctive scent you see. That's how we tell the difference between the true natural wolves and a shifter, - our scents are completely different.

"My name is, Jacob. I've been watching you for awhile now. I can't just leave your side; it pains me to do so, ever since..."

So he's a stalker.

"Since when exactly?"

I watched Jacob carefully; I was scared, - yes - but I also knew that I could defend myself pretty well now. Yet, I was also curious. Why did I feel drawn to him and why did I want to reach out and touch him?

"Those feelings are only natural, you will get used to them over time."

Jacob's eyes never left my own. Did he just read my thoughts, how else could he have answered my unspoken question? A smile caressed his lips, which shined within the darkness of my room. My eyes could see the young man perfectly though; a constant twilight surrounding us, instead of the dull gloom.