Chapter 42; - Simon Says

Copyright ©

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 42; - Simon Says

Darkness surrounded me like a delicate cocooned shell, ready to shatter at any given moment. I could feel the weight of my own grief, dragging me, drowning me under its own substantial form.

I couldn't breathe past my own initial inner panic; - my heart was tearing into two, as I processed the thought of never seeing my mate ever again. What was I going to do without Jacob; - I just couldn't continue my life without him.

Bereaved by my own mental pain and sadness, I was surprised when my dark hole of a mind was suddenly awakened by light, peace and serenity. Was this one finally vision; - one last thing to torment and break my mind completely?

Staring into the light, a form slowly came forth, a form in which I recognized immediately from the bottom of my heart. The light faded somewhat, but the figure of the wolf stayed bathed, shrouded in the white light.

'Casey?'

'Is that the name you gave me; - I like it.'

'But how, this isn't possible?'

'I'm here to deliver a message from a more high spirit form than what I am. You've done well, Skye, but your fight isn't over yet. You must return back to the conscious realm; - you must find and rid this land of the one evil in which still remains. Only then can the people, and this land once again strive forward in peace and harmony.'

'I can't, - I just can't, not without my mate, not without Jacob.'

'All sorrow can be turned into joy. After losing my pack, - my mate, it was only my cubs, which gave me the strength and hope to continue on each passing day. Look within yourself, Skye; - is there not one person within your life you would want to return to, - to protect above all others.'

It was hard for me to focus, but once I did; - my mind slowly began to open up showing me all my past memories, - the good and the bad. My uncle's face kept coming forth, the more pro-dominant memory above all. It was like my soul was soaring, searching for his life form; - and somehow I just knew exactly where to find him.

My consciousness began to feel heavy; - I could feel myself falling, as my body was being gently shaken within the physical realm. The image of Casey faded, along with her voice and everything else surrounding me.

'Seek and you shall find; - take care of my cubs, Skye, they will need somebody as strong as you within their lives.'

Yet, before I could make any sense of Casey's final words, I was jolted back awake. My physical form was aching and sore from being thrown so far from the explosions blast. Dragging myself slowly back to my paws, I swayed slightly, as my vision locked upon Chandresh's naked human form.

Scooting back out of pure shook and fright, Chandresh held out his arms trying to calm me, as his mind connected with my own.

'Skye, it's alright; - where's Jacob?'

I couldn't speak; - I couldn't even think it, it was just too painfully to recount. Glancing towards the caved in entrance to the caves tunnels; - once Chandresh had taken his eyes off of me, I swiftly turned and ran, my own denial pushing heavily down upon my heart.

How could I tell Chandresh that his son, - my mate, was dead. Sacrificing his own life, over my own. I just couldn't, - especially not after seeing my own emotional pain reflected back at me, through Chandresh's own eyes.