아홉

--
"Jungkook?"

His mind was foggy, barely able to pull himself out of unconsciousness as the sound of somebody's voice tried to help him come to. His entire body ached. His head pounded. He could taste the metallic taste that he knew to be blood on his tongue.

Everything just hurt, and he felt as if just one move of his leg would cause pain to shoot throughout his entire body.

"Jungkook, wake up." Jungkook finally worked up the energy to open his eyes, squinting against the harsh light and groaning.

"Fuck.." He hissed, bringing his hand up to his face in an attempt to ease his headache. "Jimin?" His vision finally cleared, able to make out Jimin's familiar features as he attempted to prop himself up on his elbows. He winced, bringing his hand up to his nose.

His eyes widened, upon moving his hand away and noticing the blood smeared across it.

"What happened?" Jimin sounded frantic, wrapping his arm around Jungkook's waist in an attempt to help the younger sit up. "How did you get here? Have you been here since last night?"

Jungkook hissed in pain as he sat up too quickly, bringing his hand up to grip Jimin's arm as a way to brace himself. It was only then that he noticed the sunlight filtering through the windows, signifying that it was morning once again.

"Yeah, I've been here all night I guess." He breathed, leaning into Jimin's hold. He tucked his head into the crook of the older's neck, noting not to apply to much pressure to his nose or lip - which he had now noticed were both busted. "I was looking for you."

A wave of guilt washed over Jimin, bringing a frown to his face as he combed his hand through Jungkook's hair. He could feel dried blood matted around his hairline, sighing softly and pressing a kiss to the younger's forehead.

"But how did you get here? You know that my apartment is the next one over." He gently took hold of Jungkook's hand, eying the bruises on his knuckles.

"Your friend led me here." Jungkook paused. "Well, I don't know if I'd consider him a friend if I were you but... I guess I was just so out of it that I didn't realize I was in the wrong apartment until he locked the door."

Jimin's expression hardened, eyes narrowing into a glare.

"Did he tell you his name?" He asked, although he already had a suspicion as to who it could be.

"Hoseok, I think." Jungkook mumbled, curling his fingers around Jimin's hand and squeezing it. His head still pounded, limiting his ability to provide Jimin with complex answers.

"Of course." Jimin grumbled, pulling Junglook even closer and pressing even more soft kisses against his hair. He felt horrible that Jungkook got into this situation because of him, and it felt strange considering that he usually didn't pay any mind to human emotions. "But Hoseok isn't one for fist fights... He just likes to run his mouth. Who hurt you?"

"It was technically my fault, I threw the first punch." Jungkook spoke, voice soft.

"I didn't ask about who was at fault, I asked who did it." Jimin pulled away, looking into Jungkook's eyes. He had a creeping suspicion as to who it was, there really only was one sin that would go that far and hurt someone that badly.

But why? Why Jungkook specifically? Had being around Jimin painted a target on his back?

"Yoongi." Jungkook finally answered, looking away. "There was another one too but... I don't remember his name. He was the reason that I couldn't fight back, if he wasn't there then I probably could have defended myself."