스물여섯

I JUST MADE A CHANGE TO THE ENDING AND BC OF THIS CHANGE Y'ALL ARE GONNA BE GETTING A SEQUEL HELL YEAH
--
"No."

Jungkook felt like a bucket of ice water had been poured over him, tears welling up in his eyes as he looked down at the limp demon in his arms. "No, no, no!" He pulled Jimin close to him, burying his face in the crook of his neck as he struggled to get a breath in.

The first tear that slipped down his face seemed to set off a trigger, more and more tears wetting Jimin's shirt. Jungkook let out a soft sob, holding Jimin as tightly as he could and not being able to calm down as the fact that Jimin had no pulse became all the more apparent.

He pulled away and pressed a kiss to Jimin's forehead, shaking profusely as he did so. "Jimin, I'm so sorry." He cried, grief clawing at his chest as the guilt started to consume him. "I'm so sorry, I'm so-" His words choked off into another sob.

"Please come back!" He cried, squeezing his eyes shut both because his vision was blurred, and because he couldn't stand to look at Jimin's emotionless expression. "I need you!"

Jungkook hardly even heard the door to the apartment open, too consumed in his own sorrow to even focus on anything around him. He didn't hear the footsteps either, or the soft whisper of his name. His face was buried in the crook of Jimin's neck again, hating how he swore he could feel the warmth already leaving his skin.

When he felt a hand on his back, he was extremely startled, gasping and pulling Jimin even closer. He gulped thickly before turning around, tears still slipping down his face as he locked eyes with Yoongi, then Hoseok. They both stood next to him, expressions stoic as they looked at the scene in front of them. "I'm sorry." Jungkook choked out, averting his vision. "I know that it's my fault."

Hoseok stepped forwards, eyebrows furrowed together as he reached his hand out and brushed a few pieces of hair out of the late demon's eyes. His expression looked incredibly pained, lips tugged into a frown as he scanned over Jimin's appearance.

"He was okay with dying, Jungkook." Yoongi spoke, voice soft and cracking in the middle. "He told me that he was okay with it, so long as he got to be with you. And he did." Yoongi gestured to the position that they sat in. "Right down to his last moments."

"No!" Jungkook exclaimed, startling the two demons in front of him. "I don't know if it's because you're demons, but you don't seem to understand that I'm not going to accept this!"

Hoseok and Yoongi frowned as they exchanged glances before looking back to Jungkook.

"Jungkook, there's nothing you can do-"

"There has to be something!" Jungkook cried, hands still shaking as he held Jimin close to him; refusing to let him go. "You guys are demons! There has to be something you can do! I'll do anything!"

The last sentence that he spoke hung in the air for a moment as the room went silent, Hoseok biting his lip and looking to the ground to avoid eye contact with Jungkook. "There is something isn't there?" Neither of the demons responded. "Please. I should have known better, I should have left him alone. I'm not going to be able to live with myself if I know that his death is nobody's fault but mine."

"Jungkook, I literally can't let you do anything." Yoongi huffed. "You'd have to go down to hell to even give him a smidgen of help, and there's no way that we're letting you go down there."

Jungkook's eyes widened.

"So there is a way?" He seemed to disregard all of Yoongi's other words. "Yoongi, Hoseok, please."

"Jungkook-"

"I'm not scared to." Jungkook reassured. "I'm not scared to go down there anymore. I've been living with demons; I have nothing to be scared of anymore."

"Fine." Hoseok sighed, disregarding the shocked look that Yoongi gave him. The shorter demon was obviously against the idea, attempting to grab Hoseok's wrist so that he couldn't walk closer.

"Hoseok, don't." He spoke softly, attempting to get Hoseok to agree with him. "Do you honestly think that's a good idea?"

Hoseok shook his head, sighing before he went to rummage through one of the drawers near the couch to find something sharp.

"It's obviously not." The laugh Hoseok let out had no humour to it whatsoever, making a sound of satisfaction when he found a letter opener amongst a bunch of other office supplies. "But he's going to get all of the pain and punishment in the end if this goes wrong, not us."

He sighed and walked back over to Jungkook, leaning down. "I need you to let go of Jimin for a minute." He watched how Jungkook hesitated, eyes still glossy as he looked at the male in his arms. He finally nodded and let go of the demon, whimpering at the way Jimin's limp body just flopped against the couch.

"Alright." Hoseok sighed, looking back at Yoongi for a moment before continuing. "Jimin's told you how this works, right?" He asked. "Cut your hand, say the name of your sin and then you're off?" Jungkook nodded. "Alright good."

He braced himself before slicing the letter opening across his palm, hissing softly at the strong sting that spread across his entire hand. "Once you say what I've told you to, you need to close your eyes - and don't you dare open them until you feel the air around you get drastically hotter."

Jungkook frowned.

"What will happen if I do?" He asked, gulping once he made eye contact with Hoseok.

"Just don't." The demon emphasized, taking hold of Jimin's limp hand and squeezing some of his blood onto it. "You want to make it to hell alive, don't you?"

Jungkook's eyes widened, and he nodded, sticking out his hand for Hoseok when the demon gestured for him to. "The moment my blood hits your skin, I need you to hold Jimin's hand as tightly as you possibly can. You're using my blood so you've got to use my name. My real name." He paused. "Did Jimin tell you the exact phrase?"

Jungkook nodded again, the gravity of the situation finally settling in. He was going to hell. He was actually going to hell. "Good." Hoseok nodded. "Just replace 'lust' with 'envy' and you're all set." He hovered his hand over Jungkook's. "You ready?"

"I'm ready." Jungkook gulped, watching as Hoseok dug his nails into his wound to draw more blood.

Following exactly what Hoseok had told him, the moment he felt the demon's blood hit his hand he leaned over and grasped Jimin's. He hesitated for a moment, feeling heat grow between their palms.

"Good luck." Hoseok whispered, stepping back and leaning against Yoongi, who picked up his hand to inspect the wound.

Jungkook took a shaky breath, trying to calm himself before speaking his next words.

"Envy requests a meeting."

--