열일곱

--
Jimin watched with scared eyes as so many different emotions passed across Jungkook's face.

First he was confused, then shocked, then he settled into fright for a little bit, before scepticism took over and he let out a chuckle while raising an eyebrow.

"You're not a damn demon, Jimin." He laughed softly. "Yeah, the way you toy with me is hellish but the day I believe you're actually from hell is the day I'll be diagnosed as insane."

Jimin shrugged.

"So when do you want to go for that diagnosis?" Jimin asked calmly, eyes looking straight into Jungkook's. "I'm not lying here."

"How gullible do you think I am?" Jungkook huffed. "God, I know all of your friends think I'm a dumbass but I'm not just some kid that will believe everything that I'm told." He narrowed his eyes. "Sounds to me that you're just finding a way to distract me from the fact that I caught you doing your walk of shame."

He frowned, making eye contact with Jimin. "I'm kind of disappointed, was 'I'm a demon' the best excuse that you have? I think I would've been better off with a simple 'I only like you because you're good in bed'. You know, some honestly for once?"

Jimin rolled his eyes.

"I am being honest for once. I'm going to get my ass kicked for even just telling you that, whether you choose to believe me or not." He frowned, running a hand through his messed up hair. He had one more trick up his sleeve, but was currently trying to decide if it was better for Jungkook to believe him or not. "Even my appearance screams it, a Korean with naturally red eyes? I'm sure."

"That doesn't immediately mean you're a demon." Jungkook scoffed. "You can't expect me to believe that. You, a demon, created my the devil himself?"

"Herself." Jimin corrected, fingers twitching as made a final decision. He knew he was being so stupid. He knew that he would probably be burned alive for his actions, banished from earth and thrown into the deepest pits of hell; but he had already sealed his fate, so what was the point in trying to save his ass now? "If you close your eyes, I'll prove it to you."

Jungkook merely raised an eyebrow, expression completely unamused.

"If it'll humour you." He sighed, allowing his eyes to flutter shut while he awaited for Jimin to apparently 'prove' that he was a demon.

Whenever a demon walked on earth, they had to assume a human form in order for them to live effortlessly amongst the population. The human form retracted their horns, and dulled down their nails and teeth. On a normal demon it would normalize their eye colours as well, but the sin's human forms kept their unique eyes.

The human form disappeared automatically the moment they stepped foot in hell, but they could reveal it on earth too if they'd really like to.

"Are you going to do anything or not, Jimin?" Jungkook asked impatiently, causing Jimin to finalize the decision he was about to make.

Jimin closed his eyes as well, taking a deep breath as he willed to ruse of his human qualities away, cringing for a moment as he felt his horns regrow. It seemed to take longer than usual, which was strange, but Jimin chose not to pay any mind to it.

"You can open your eyes now." He spoke softly, and the moment that Jungkook's eyes opened once more, it was difficult to tell who was more terrified.

Jungkook gulped, observing the changes in Jimin's appearance with wide eyes. His eyes were the same, but now two horns poked out from out of his hair, sharpened canine teeth visible as the other took a deep breath.