열둘

--
"So, you want to know everything, huh?"

Taehyung sighed softly, resting his head against his hand as he sat across from Jungkook. The younger had requested that they meet at his favourite coffee shop, as opposed to his apartment, to decrease the risk of running into Jimin.

It's not that Jungkook was trying to avoid him at all costs, it's just that he knew that the older male wouldn't like it if he found out that he was meeting up with Taehyung; considering that Jimin seemed to hate everyone who called themselves his friends. Which was just one of the off things that Jungkook hoped Taehyung could explain to him today.

"I shouldn't even be talking to you." Taehyung huffed, watching as Jungkook stirred the cream in his iced coffee around. "Jimin's gonna have my head on a stick if he finds out I'm coming into any contact with you, after what happened."

To say Jimin was protective of Jungkook would be an understatement. Taehyung had never seen Jimin get as furious as he did the day after they beat up Jungkook. He was fuming, and Taehyung even feared for himself for a few moments, even though he knew that Yoongi would never let anything get out of hand.

Hoseok wouldn't care. He was still bitter about Jimin leaving him behind in hell, he couldn't care less what the other demon did, or whether it would get him in trouble or not.

None of the other demons had told him about Jimin's punishment yet, because they knew how ecstatic he would be about it, and weren't sure if they wanted anything else to fuel him.

"Then don't let him find out." Jungkook shrugged. "Taehyung, you have to understand. I like Jimin, and I want to get to know him better; but I can't stay around him if his entire life is shrouded in secrecy. I don't even know who he is, really."

Taehyung sighed and nodded, adjusting to beanie that sat atop his head. He should be encouraging Jungkook to stay away from Jimin, but he couldn't bring himself to. Not when he knew that Jimin had already left an impression on him - without realizing, Jimin had single handedly, basically ruined Jungkook's entire life.

He really did want to tell Jungkook everything about them, but he also knew he wasn't willing to endure a punishment for exposing their secrets.

He'd have to be at his lowest point the day that he willingly puts himself through pain for a human.

"There's six of us." He began, formulating a thin veil of lies that could sound believable, yet subtly hid their true identities. "Me, the other three you've already met, and then there's Namjoon and Seokjin." He gulped, just catching himself before he called them by the name of their sin. "We're in a gang." Taehyung had to stop himself from laughing at his own lie, it sounded absurd to him, but Jungkook looked like he believed it.

"Jimin told me he wasn't." Jungkook frowned, his eyebrows furrowing as he professed the information.

Taehyung rolled his eyes.

"Jungkook, if lying was a job Jimin would be a millionaire. He lies about so many things it's hard to distinguish the truth from the fabrications when you're around him." Throwing Jimin under the bus was Taehyung's subtle way of slowly trying to  inch Jungkook away from the other demon.

Jungkook frowned, furrowing his eyebrows as he took a sip of his drink.

"Can I believe anything that he says?" He asked, Taehyung shrugging and rubbing his eyes.

"Some of it." He sighed. "His name is Jimin, and he is 24... But that's all that I'd really believe if I were you."

Jungkook merely nodded slowly, dropping his gaze down the table. He thought for a moment, trying to decide who he was really going to believe. Taehyung seemed so reliable. He was willing to meet up with Jungkook, was the only one who was actually willing to answer his questions, and was also the only one who Jungkook didn't feel somewhat belittled by.