스물다섯

don't murder me after this pls and thank
--
"Jungkook, no."

Jungkook can hardly breathe, seeing Jimin's tears and knowing that he was the cause for them hurt. And it hurt to the point that he couldn't look Jimin in the eyes.

"I have to stay away from you." Jungkook repeated to Jimin, shrugging off the demon's hand from where it rest on his shoulder. "Jimin, I can't."

Jimin shook his head, taking hold of Jungkook's hand and pulling him closer.

"No Jungkook, listen." Jimin spoke, voice trembling softly. "I'm okay. I'm fine. You can stay with me and I'll be fine I promise." He tried to reassure, letting his head fall against Jungkook's shoulder. "I don't know what they told you, but I do know that I need you to stay with me."

The apartment was quiet, Yoongi wasn't there. Nobody was there except for the two of them. Nothing except for the two of them and the tension in the room.

"I'd like to believe you." Jungkook sighed. "I'd love to believe you, because I know that believing you would mean staying; but doing what's best is better than lying to yourself isn't it?"

He wrapped one arm around Jimin's waist, petting the frail hair of the demon with his other hand. He honestly didn't expect that Jimin would take it as hard as he did, but maybe now he finally found out why their relationship was so dangerous. Jimin was slowly becoming dependant on somebody who was causing his downfall.

"Ever thought that maybe I want to live in a lie?" Jimin chuckled, although the sound lacked all humour. "Jungkook, I'm a demon who failed at everything I'm supposed to do. Now I've been told that I'm going to die because of how I feel about you. If that was you, wouldn't you want to lie to yourself?"

Jungkook shrugged, pressing a kiss to the crown of his head. He knew that he shouldn't, and now suddenly every single loving touch he gave Jimin came with guilt.

"Jimin." Jungkook sighed. "I can't, I'm sorry. It's hard for me to even try and do any of this when I know that I'm killing you."

Jimin's body felt warm against his skin, his breath and hair tickled his neck. Jimin felt so frail in his arms, and it was so, so worrying. It was weird because in a normal situation, hugs and kisses fix all the pain. In this one, however, those are the exact things that cause it. It was so hard to leave Jimin, because all of his human instincts were telling him to stay.

"You an I both know you want to stay." Jimin whispered, pressing his lips to Jungkook's neck gently.

Jungkook shivered, closing his eyes and attempting to keep his composure intact.

"It's not a matter of what I want to do, it's a matter of what's best for you." He whispered, still feeling Jimin leaving soft kisses against his skin. "And what's best for you, is definitely not me."

The part that probably hurt the most was that they knew that everything Jungkook was saying was true. Jungkook was the only rational one, Jimin was the one that was grasping for straws in order to keep them together.

"Then if you're going to leave, at least hold me close one last time, and kiss me like you mean it, one last time." Jimin lifted his head up, staring into Jungkook's eyes with his watery ones.

They were already so close, so close that their noses touched, but their lips were millimetres apart. And once again, the one thing that Jungkook noticed was that the air wasn't filled with Jimin's sweet scent. Once again, they were just filled with raw emotion, and nothing to hinder it.

And so, against his better judgement, he grasped Jimin's chin as gently as possible, and brought their lips together. It was just as filled with passion as their first unhindered kiss on the couch.

Jungkook intertwined their fingers, and tilted Jimin's head to the side. He backed him up until his knees hit the back of the couch, and kept kissing him even as they fell back onto it. Because if this was going to be their last kiss, he was going to make the most of it. What he wasn't going to do, was fill the kiss with lust, although maybe he should have for Jimin's sake.

The gentle touches on his hips and waist were crafted carefully to show nothing but care. And maybe, that was a horrible idea. It was love and care that was breaking Jimin apart in the first place, but Jungkook didn't take the time to think about that when he had Jimin right there in his arms.

"Jungkook..." Jimin whispered, pulling away from the younger. His voice sounded strained, and when Jungkook finally looked down at his expression, he saw nothing but the look of pain written across his features.

"Are you alright?" Jungkook asked softly, watching with worry as Jimin shook his head.

"I'm not." Jimin mumbled, his voice cracking as he reached up and wrapped his arms around Jungkook's neck. He winced, a whimper leaving his mouth as he shifted his body too much. "But that's alright."

Jungkook shook his head and pulled away.

"It's not." He spoke, stroking his thumb gently against Jimin's cheek. He watched as the demon's eyes fluttered shut for a moment, his breathing shallow as he took a moment to open his eyes once more.

What startled Jungkook the most, was the fact that they were no longer the red that he had grown to love. They were now, the same chocolate brown as his own.

"Jimin." His breathed, picking up the demon's head with both hands. Jimin seemed so weak, barely able to keep his own head propped up as he looked into Jungkook's eyes from behind drooping eyelids.

"Jungkook." Jimin answered softly, raising an eyebrow. "Can I tell you something?"

"Of course." Jungkook nodded, leaning forwards and pressing a kiss to Jimin's forehead. "What is it?"

Jimin sighed softly; he finally believed that it was time to give up.

Jungkook was leaving anyway, what was the point in trying to grasp onto the last few threads that kept him alive? He was fine with going, because with Jungkook's arms around him he didn't feel like there was anything wrong anymore.

Even as it became harder and harder to breathe with each breath he took, Jungkook being there was all that mattered. Even as his body temperature began to rise drastically and made it feel like his skin was burning, Jungkook made him okay with it.

Everything was fine.

"I love you." The demon breathed, allowing his eyes to flutter shut after he spoke the words. He trembled for a few moments, before stilling, a soft sigh leaving his lips.

Jungkook's eyes widened as he felt Jimin go limp in his arms, refusing to believe what he thought he just witnessed and staying frozen in his spot.

"Jimin?" He whispered, brushing a few pieces of hair out of Jimin's eyes. His heart sunk when the demon didn't respond, nor move or open his eyes. "Jimin, hey."

Whenever a tragic event happens, we do our best to deny that it's real for as long as we can. However, there's always that one brutal moment when we realize that it's truly happening.

For Jungkook, that moment was when he let go of Jimin and the demon's head lolled to the side, chest no longer rising and falling with each new breath.

And especially, when those few drops of blood slipped past Jimin's lips, standing out starkly against his now pale skin.

But just because he knew that it was true, doesn't mean that he would accept it.

--
(UPDATE: SOMEBODY IN THE COMMENTS JUST COMPLETELY PREDICTED THE ENITRE ENDING TO THE EXACT DETAILS AND IDK HOW BUT IM NOT TELLING YOU WHO LMAO)