Chapter 10

James P.O.V.

I came out into the stretching grounds of Hogwarts. The sky painted from a shade of pale blue with a tint of yellow turning into a purplish greyish color. I shouldnt be out here especially with the strong breeze of wind that wouldve turned my fingers numb if it wasnt for my gloves.

I looked at the overgrown grass as I stride for a walk. No one was outside so I had my thoughts occupy me. I wrapped my scarf, covering my cheeks, from the cold and placed my hands in my pockets. Tiny sparkles started appearing on the sky as the Hogwarts grounds grew darker. The stars glimmered above me, growing in numbers.

My attention turned from the stars as I saw a figure on the ground right at the edge of the forbidden forest. I clenched my wand from inside my pocket and closely eyeing the figure as I approched it slowly. I drew nearer and took my wand, pointing at the ready until I saw the familiar fiery red color under the light of the moon.

My eyes widen as I felt all the cold left me. I ran to Evans, and fell at my knees. Firstly, looking around for anyone responsible. I shook her, calling her name to wake up, she didnt respond. I tried looking clearly, she was pale as white as a ghost. Her lips dry. She was freezing. I took my scarf and wrapped it around her.

On her hand was a single golden rose with prickly thorns held faintly. I took her freezing numb hand and searched for a pulse, thankfully, I heard a slow rhythmic beating. I grabbed her arm and was on the process of lifting her until she dropped the golden rose. I picked it up, carefull not to prick myself and carried Evans on my back, running to back to the Castle as fast as I could on its moonlit grounds.

~~~~

Lily's P.O.V.

I was laying in comfort. Hearing whispers around me, I slightly groaned. I felt the owners of those voices gaze at me, the room growing quiet. I opened my eyes, blinking, adjusting to the sudden burst of light. I looked around and placed my attention on the 4 people around me. Remus; Mary; Sirius; and Peter. (Sadly, no Potter.)

Sirius sat at the chair beside me; Mary sat at the arm of Sirius' chair (wink wink) ; Remus stood at the edge of my bed while Peter quietly sat at my neighboring bed.

"Lily!" Mary beamed at the sight of my awaken. She came to me in a hug.

"You've been unconsious for days, you know?" Remus stated.

"How many?" I asked, giving a look of confusion as Mary let go.

"Three" Sirius stood from his seat and came closer beside Remus.

"What happened?" Remus asked as he obviously had a battle in his mind "W-we found you at the edge of the forbidden forest."

"At the edge?" I repeated "I was deep inside that I couldnt even-" I stopped myself and thought again of the urge to come there, the darkness, the golden rose."

"There was a golden rose! On top of a stone pillar!" I said close to a shout "I-i felt the urge to come there, the forbidden forest, without knowing what I was doing."

"Wait! What?! Golden rose? Stone pillar? Calm down Lily!" Remus said with worried looks. I sigh and leaned on my pillow.

"Okay, tell us everything." Remus said, I told them everything from the very start of my memory. After explaining certain parts to the confused Peter, I looked at them.

"Well, I never heard anything about that." Remus said his, hand under his chin as if thinking hard to remember.

"Wheres James?" I said without thinking. Remus went out of his daze and looked at me eyes wide so as everyone.

"What?!" Sirius said his arms laid out in front of him facing me.

"What?!" Mary said the same expression as Sirius.

"W-what?!" Peter followed.

"Why'd you ask about Pr-James?" Remus said

"Never mind" I said turning away, feeling the heat rush to my cheeks. Thinking quickly of something else to say. "I-i just- well, since all of of you are here-well, three of you-his friends-usually h-he'll be with you." I stuttered.

From the corner of my eye I could see Sirius smirk as he nudged Mary with his elbow and whispered something to her. Mary shook her head, failing obviously to hide her smirk.

Remus couldnt help but do the same as he chuckled behind his hand.

"You guys..." I rolled my eyes at them, never noticing the figure half hidden at the entrance doors.

~~~
Backstage
Janie: I said I edited it but-
Lily:Not even 5% was changed (ーー;)
James:Remind me not to hire you as an editor。
Janie:Hey!
Lily:True。
Janie:You guys pain me...anyways-oh gosh I actually wrote this?*Eye twitches*
Lily:We know...
James:Bye?