Time past

*time past-5 months later*

As the nurse handed me the last of my belongings I stepped to the main area of the hospital where the guys where waiting for me.

"Emma!!" Joe came running towards me, picked me up and spun me around, "I missed you so much."

"I missed you too," I said.

Pete, Andy, and Patrick all came following behind. Joe set me down and stepped back with the rest of the guys.

"It's good to hear your voice again," Pete said.

"How do you feel?" Andy asked.

"Thanks, Pete. I feel a lot better," I replied.

The doctor approached me and handed me a bottle or prescription pills, "take one, once a day."

"Okay, thank you," I said politely.

He soon walked away and it was just the guys and me, once again.

"What are those for?" Pete asked.

"I'll explain everything later right now I just want to go home," I said.

The guys all grabbed my stuff and piled it into the car. I kept the pills close to me, I was a bit ashamed that I have to take anti-anxiety medication now but I know the guys would understand, maybe this will make them worry less. We all piled into Pete's car, as usual I was caught in between Patrick and Joe but I didn't mind, I missed these guys and can't wait for my life to go back to normal.  Patrick was quiet, more so than usual. I hope he's okay. I watched him while he stared out the window, wondering what's on his mind. I realize now that my life is 'getting back to normal' that means I still have the large dilemma I have yet to deal with. Who do I belong with, Joe? or Patrick? I looked over at Joe, he kept is eyes forward, probably thinking, as well. The car was quiet with only the sounds of Ocean Avenue by Yellowcard and the engine buzzing as we drove through the streets of L.A. being heard, though it was a comfortable silence I can't help but wonder what was on everyone's mind. My gaze was fixed on Joe for a while as I thought more about my situation. Specifically him, what is it about Joe? It's been almost two years since I've been welcomed in this crazy family. Joe was the first one who welcomed me, from the first time they guys so me cry to the last goodbye, he was there. Though things haven't really been smooth sailing between us, in the end everything turned out okay. Joe turned his head and our eyes met he flashed me one of his adoring smiles and brushed my hand with his thumb.

"We'll be home soon," he whispered.

I grinned and we both dropped our gaze, looking in different directions. I looked down at my lap for a moment then turned my eyes to Patrick. I thought what was it about him? In the beginning Patrick was more like a big brother, always protecting and looking out from me, though he still does, more feelings have developed. He's been my shoulder to cry, being supportive and making me feel better. Ever since that first night when I came to visit him in his bunk he has always been one of my biggest supporters. We eventually made it back to Pete's house where I assume I'll be staying. The guys just got back from their European tour which means it's officially the summer season and the guys will be super busy playing lots of festivals and stuff. I'm so excited, I never been much of a people person but after getting help I've started to open up a little bit more, so this means I'll try to make some friends this year. The guys carried in my things for me, refusing to let me help, I followed behind them and as the carried my luggage all the way upstairs to my room.

"Guys can I at least help carry something?" I asked.

"Nope," Pete said.

"But-" I tried to say.

"No buts!" Joe exclaimed.

"Fine," I groaned.

The guys set all my stuff down for me they insisted on helping unpack but I refused. I don't want to unpack right now, I just want to hangout with my family/best friends and catch up with them. We all went back downstairs and sat around the living room, things were quiet for a moment, I think they were still afraid about what happened and wondered if I was truly better.

"How was the rest of the tour?" I asked.

"It was awesome I really wish you were there padawan," Andy said.

I smiled widely I missed my nickname.

"I'm glad, so what are you guys going to do now?" I questioned.

"Well the summer season is kicking off soon so U.S. tour playing a lot of festivals with other bands," Joe explained.

He loves festivals, more so other bands and talking to them. I started to think about watching the guys playing and then I remembered what the doctor told me while I was in the hospital he explained to me that when I'm out I should find a good hobby or job to keep me busy, honestly I never did anything besides watch the guys play and occasionally play guitar. Maybe I should get a summer job, however I don't want to be away from the guys because I'm still scared to be on my own. I don't really know anything about tech, I'm not really strong and I'm no good at math, besides the dollar is down, so what can I do?  Then it occurred to me, I can sell merch!

"Can I be your merch girl?!?" I blurted.

The guys stared at me blankly a bit surprised.

"You wanna sell merch? Why?" Pete asked.

"Because while I was in the, ya know, the doc said I should get a hobby or job to keep me busy," I explained.

The four of them looked between each other and gave nods.

"Okay," Pete said.

"Thank you," I said hugging each of them, "I'll won't let you down, I'm going to be the best damn merch girl you've ever seen."

*A/N* I'm just gonna start adding little notes at the end of these chapters, sorry this chapter is a little short but it's a leeway into the next one which should be updated soon. So how did you like this one? After all that therapy do you like the new Emma? Do you really think she's better or does she still need help? Also did you catch my little pun? Leave a comment if you did and 10 points will go to Gryffindor thank you so, so much for reading! I know I always say it but I really do mean it like I can't thank you enough, I don't think I deserve it but I really do appreciate and love all of you <3 also if you could vote and leave a comment I'd really appreciate it I love to hear your feedback. See ya latter!