When you can't sleep at night

I laid in the alley hot tears streaming down my face my body bruised, I was in so much pain it feels like I'm dying. I try to call our for help but I'm to weak to speak. No one is around, no one will come for me. I'm all alone...

"Emma, Emma!" I heard someone whisper followed by an abrupt shaking.

My eyes flashed open and I sat up drenched in sweat. "Huh what happened?"

I turned my head and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. It was dark but I knew who the person was sitting on my bunk, Joe.

"What's going on?" Andy mumbled from his bunk across from mine.

"Nothing Andy Em just had a nightmare, everything is okay now." Joe said.

"Okay." Andy said and went back to sleep.

"I heard you crying in your sleep are you okay?" He asked.

I looked at my blanket a gripped it tight. I just nodded and kept my head down. The nightmare was still fresh in my mind and I was trying hard not to cry. I don't want Joe or any of the guys to worry.

"Emma," he tucked his fingers under my chin and lifted my head up, forcing me to look in this eyes. "I know when your not okay."

I took in a deep breath letting my tears fall. I moved in closer and hugged him tight. Joe knew at that moment how much I was hurting, he didn't say a word he just wrapped his arms around me and squeezed as tight as he could.

"I'm here Em I won't let anything happen to you." He whispered into my hair.

I replied under my breath, "I love you, Joe Trohman." My face was buried in his chest so I was hoping he didn't hear me.

"Will you be okay?" He asked releasing from his hug.

"Stay for the night." I said.

I don't know what came over me at that point, I'd never ask him to just stay with me but my mind just kept screaming don't go.

He was hesitant for a moment, "okay Em."

I scooted over giving him room to lay beside me. He slid into bed and I turned to face him and snuggled close. He protectively put his arm around me as I cuddled into his chest.

"Good night Joe, thank you." I whispered.

"Good night," he replied, "I love you too, Emma Jameson."

A smile grew on my face as I comfortably drifted off to sleep. Knowing Joe was by my side, my nightmare didn't return.

This is just a filler. I felt like I had to write something so I hoped you liked this cute little chapter. I will begin writing the next chapter and update that when I can. Life has been busy, I started marching band camp *cue American pie reference* a couple weeks ago so that's been happening. But anyways thank you guys so much for reading I know I say this a lot but it really does mean a lot to mean that you all enjoy this story. I'll see you guys next chapter <3