Chapter 16

Kristy's POV

"Now if you get anymore of your headaches just take two of these." AJ told me. 

"Thank you." I said taking the pill bottle from her hand. 

"I just need you to sign here and you are free to go." AJ handed me a clipboard. I took the pen from her then quickly scanned over the papers. I signed my name then handed the clipboard back to her. 

"Okay you're all set. You are now free to go." I gave AJ a small smile. I grabbed my stuff and started to make my way back to my room. When I got to my room I found my grandmother playing with Violet. 

"Look who's here?" She told Violet. I placed my stuff down then took Violet from my grandmother. 

"You okay?" She asked me.

"Yeah." 

"You sure?" She asked me. 

"I'm fine." I told her sending her a smile. 

"We were worried about you." She told me. I nodded my head.

" I missed you guys too." I told her. I smiled at Violet and tickled her tummy. She let out a small giggle. 

"Before I forget....these are for you." My grandmother held up the vase full of flowers. 

"Who are they from?" I asked her reaching out to inspect the flowers. 

"A certain someone." A smirk spread across lips. I raised my eyebrow at her and reached for the card. 

To Kristy,

Meet me in the garden at 7 o'clock. 

Sincerely, 

Your Special Someone.

I smiled to myself. 

"You gonna go?" 

"Of course." I told her with a smile on my face. I sat down on my bed with Violet in my arms.

 "Would you be willing to watch Violet while I'm gone?" I asked her. 

"Of course dear. However you best be back by 8 o'clock because I do have somewhere I have to go." 

"Of course. I will be back by 8." I told her, the smile never leaving my face. 

"Someone is a bit excited." My grandmother teased me. 

"I don't know why but I can't stop smiling." I told her 

"I think you're in love." She whispered to me. I shook my head.

"Kristy it's okay to be in love." I sighed to myself. 

"It's not that. It's just......" I paused trying to collect my thoughts.

"I just can't commit to anything. At least not until I have some answers." I explained to her. 

"Kristy it's okay to take things slow but falling in love you can't stop it." I looked at Violet not wanting to meet my grandmother's eyes. My grandmother let out a small sigh. 

"Well talk about this later. You must be hungry, let's get you some food." I nodded my head. 

"Shall we go down to the kitchen?" She asked me. I nodded my head. I got off of the bed and    re-adjusted Violet on my hip. I followed closely behind my grandmother making our way to the kitchen. When we got to the kitchen it was busy as every.  

"Rebecca how are you?" One of the staff asked her. 

"I'm fine Tony just getting some food for my granddaughter. She just got out of the hospital." My grandmother explained to Tony. 

" I think I know the perfect thing." My grandmother led me to a little table in the kitchen and forced me to sit down.

"He a friend of yours?" I asked her. 

"I've spent many years in this castle as staff. You get to know your fellow co-workers." I nodded my head. 

"How'd Violet do last night?" I asked her. 

"Not to bad she was a little fussy. I think she knew something was wrong." I raised my eyebrow.

"Babies can sense stuff like that." A bowl of soup was placed in front of me. 

"Thank you. I whispered. I instantly began to eat my soup as hunger over took me. 

"Have you talked to your parents recently?" My grandmother asked me. 

"No. Did you tell my mum about this?" I asked her. 

"Not yet. I was going to let you do that." I sighed to myself. 

"I don't really want to tell her." I mumbled. 

"Kristy you have to." I mentally groaned. 

"I will." My grandmother gave me the look. 

"Eventually." She continued to stare at me. 

"Okay okay. I'll call her tomorrow." I told her. 

"And if you don't I will tell her." I nodded my head. 

"Fine." 

~Later that Night~

I kissed a sleeping Violet on the head, then snuck out of the room leaving her with my grandma. I made my way down the stairs and out into the garden. I didn't know exactly where I was going but I walked until I saw lights.

"Glad to see you were able to make it." I heard someone say. I turned around and saw Niall with his hands in his pockets. 

"Don't you know not to sneak up on a girl who just came out of the hospital." I told him.  

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." He told me. 

"It's okay." I took his hand in mine and we began our walk around the garden.

"So how are you?" Niall asked me. 

"Better. But still a little weak." He nodded his head.

"How's Violet?" He asked me

" Good. My grandmother told me that Violet could sense that something was wrong with me." I told him. 

"And do you believe her?" Niall asked me. I shrugged my shoulders. 

"I don't know, maybe?" 

"Sometimes what's on the surface is not what it seems." Niall told me. I let go of his hand and went to look at the roses next to us. 

"Kristy. I'm sorry." I turned to look at him. 

"For what?" I asked him confused. 

"For putting you through this." Niall told me. 

"Niall, what are you talking about?" I asked him getting confused and angry. 

"I....I...." 

"Niall you're scaring." I told him.

"Do you trust me?" Niall asked closing the space between us. 

"Yes." I whispered. I felt Niall cup my face and he looked me in the eyes. 

"Please." I heard him whisper. I saw Niall lean in and I felt his lips connect with mine. I felt the pounding in my head increase and images start to flash in my head they were all a blur I couldn't make out any of them. I felt my legs give out and my eyes shutting. I couldn't comprehend anything around me. I closed my eyes and let the darkness over take me. 

~To Be Continued~