Chapter 1

Bilbo Baggins did his regularly sitting out and enjoying the fresh air and smoking smoke rings. He offered for Violet to come out with him, but she passed. He forgot she did not like smoking. He had light brown, curly hair and hazel eyes and wore a yellow vest and simple grey knee-lengthen pants. He was closing his eyes, feeling that nice spring breeze. She developed the dislike after her father and brothers would smoke when Will and Tomas (Violet's brothers) were old enough. However, he did not notice a tall man standing in front of him until a butterfly smoke ring hit Bilbo back on the nose. The hobbit looked up to Gandalf but he was lost for woods

"Good morning," Bilbo said to the wizard.

"What do you mean?" the older man asked. "Do you mean to wish me a good morning, or do you mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not? Or perhaps you mean to say that you feel good on this particular morning? Or are you simply stating that this is a morning to be good on?"

"All of them at once, I suppose," Bilbo said. "Can I help you?"

"It remains to be seen," Gandalf said, he looked at Bilbo in a strange way. "I'm looking for someone or two to share in an adventure."

Violet brought down her book and listened to him.

"An adventure? No, I don't imagine anyone west of Bree, would have much interest in adventures," Bilbo said. He went to his mailbox. "Nasty, disturbing, uncomfortable things. Make you late for dinner!"

He looked through the mail, pretending the wizard was not there.

"Good morning!" Bilbo said, starting to walk back to the door.

"To think that I should have lived to be good- morninged by Belladonna Took's son, as if I was selling buttons at the door!" the elder man spat.

"Beg your pardon?" Bilbo asked.

"You've changed, and not entirely for the better, Bilbo Baggins.

"I'm sorry, do I know you?"

"Well you know my name, although you don't remember I belong to it. I'm Gandalf, and Gandalf means...me!" Gandalf said.

Meanwhile, inside the hobbit whole, there was a hobbit nearly three years younger than Bilbo, a forty-five year old hobbit. Her curly, dark brown hair was in a bun and her hazel eyes were sparkling very bright. Her name was Greenhill. Violet Greenhill to be exact.

Who were the Greenhills? They were a very collective hobbit family considered to be a "proper" by the Sackville-Bagginses' standards. They were very respectable, but also very rich, much like the Baggins family. Their family traced all the way back to its first ancestor, a lad named Frodo and a founding father of the Greenhill in, passed down from generation to generation until it became a very successful family business. They had a very slow rise to richness, having owning nearly eighteen acres of land in the Shire known as the Greenlands, that was where Miss Greenhill's family was at, nearly welcoming all their distant relatives. .

The Greenhills were also relatives of the Cauliflowers, way through the marriage between Marah Cauliflower and Tomas Greenhill III. The Cauliflower family traced way back to Violet Greenhill's ancestor on her mother's side, Cyricus Cauliflower. He had very mighty sons, daughters and several other descendants. Love bloomed in between Marah and Tomas. It wasn't considered by many to be "disrespectable" to marry, but Miss Cauliflower's father, Will allowed her to marry his old friend's son, not because of Tomas the Third's wealth, but because it was love, like most hobbit families were. They had four children. His first two children were sons, Violet's brothers, one child named after their father and one named after Mr. Will Cauliflower, Mrs. Greenhill's deceased father, then a girl named Violet and the fourth a girl named Hazel . Mr. Greenhill swore to raise his children here on the land.