Chapter 4: A Disaster of a Party

Everything was a disaster with the unwanted guests of Bag End. They kept moving around Bilbo's and Violet's chairs into the same room. They began to pillage the pantries and stealing any food in sight. They were stressed out enough with Balin, Dwalin, Fíli and Kíli first barging in the room. It was Dwalin who was stuffing food in his mouth, but at least his brother had been tolerable. Fíli and Kíli were another story. Now the total number was there. It was getting out of hand. It was Bilbo and Violet, but mostly Bilbo lashing out.

"A tad excessive, isn't it? Have you got a cheese knife?" Bilbo asked Bombur.

"Cheese knife?" Bofur asked as if Bilbo said something insane. "He eats it by the block." That's when Bilbo groaned and turned around.

"No no, that's Grandpa Mungo's chair, no...uh, so is that," Bilbo scolded at them. He caught Oin starting to put the chair into Bilbo's and Violet's dining table. "Take it back, please. Take it back, this is antique, not for sitting on. Thank you." He turned and saw one of the dwarves puting his drink on Bilbo's books. "That is a book, not a coaster." Another one was touching one of his mother's maps. "Uh...put that map down."

Violet had not seen dwarves in years, but they were someone she did not know. Bilbo was berating them, to put everything back. She saw his pantry was filled up no more because most people had already were piling up the dining room by the minute.

"Excuse me, Mr. Gandalf," Dori said as he interrupted the wizard helping with dinner. "May I tempt you with a cup of chamomile?

"Ooh, no thank you, Dori. A little red wine, for me I think." Gandalf said as he walked into the other hallway. He counted the dwarves as they went by. "Uh..Fíli, Kíli. Uh...Oin, Gloin. Dwalin, Balin. Bifur, Bofur, Bombur. Dori, Nori."

Bilbo struggled with Ori to get his hands off of Bilbo's bowl of tomatoes.

"No, no. Not my prize winners," Bilbo said.

"Ori!" Gandalf counted the second to last dwarf. Said one llet go of Bilbo's bowls.

Bifur came up to Gandalf and spoke something in his language due to the axe in his head. That axe had made Bifur lose the ability to speak Westron, and only in that language.

"Yes, you are quite right, Bifur," Gandalf said. Then he turned darkly. "We appear to be one dwarf short."

"He is late, is all," Dwalin said holding a cup of ale in his hand and leaning on the wall with the wizard looking down at the dwaawrf five heads shorter than him. "He traveled north to a meeting of our kin, he will come."

Dori came back with a more reasonable beerage for Gandalf.

"Mr. Gandalf?" Dori asked and caught the Wizard's attention. "A little glass of red wine as requested, it's got a fruity bouquet."

Gandalf took what was offered and clinked glasses with Dori before Drinking. To Gandalf, after finishing the red wine, he was disappointed on how small the glass.

"Gandalf, I think this will be more to your liking," Violet said. He looked at the small hobbit who had a tankard.

"Thank you," the wizard said as he touched Violet's shoulder and drank more.

"Who wants an ale?" Fíli said as he climbed on the table. "There you go."

Meanwhile, Bilbo was in his pantries seeing all of it gone. Violet meanwhile was helping make it worse for him but better with the dwarves.

"Let me have another drink." Oin begged.

"Here you go." Dwalin said. He took the ale and dumped down his cousin's horn. Violet had to hold back her laughter when Oin spit out the ale with his horn and everyone started laughing.

"Hey, on the count of three! One! Two! Come!" Bofur shouted and they started having their drinking game.

Each of them were bulky and were making them more so by drinking it. All of them acually horked it down. After that they gae out extremely large bealches, with Ori the loudest. Bilbo huffed in anger.

"Ex...excuse me, that is a doily, not a dish cloth," Bilbo scolded as he snatched the doily from Nori and stopping it from reaching the thief's mouth again.

"But it's full of holes!" Bofur retorted.

"It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet," Bilbo explained.

"Oh, and a wonderful game it is too, if you got the balls for it," said Bofur, playing with words.

"Bebother and confusticate these dwarves!" the poor hobbit grumbled beneath his breath.

Gandalf saw the seed of his lady friend struggling.

"My dear Bilbo, what on earth is the matter?

They stayed well into the evening and started to destruct the ws keeping them in line, or trying to while Violet was just making more food by th eminute.. Tea-time was enough, but dinner! Give me a break.

"What's the matter?" Bilbo said sarcastically. "I am surrounded by dwarves. What they're doing here?"

"Oh, they're quite a merry gathering, once you get used to them.

"I don't want to get used to them!" Bilbo spat. "Look at the state of my kitchen! There's mud trod in the carpet, they...they've pillaged the pantry! I'm not even gonna tell you what they've done in the bathroom, they've all but destroyed the plumbing! I don't understand what they're doing in my house!"

"Excuse me, I'm sorry to interrupt. But what should do with my plate?" Ori asked Bilbo.

"Here you go, Ori, give it to me," said Fíli.

He took the dish and threw it passed to Kíli. That time, Bilbo was getting annoyed by this.

"Excuse me! That's my mother's Westfarthing pottery, it's over a hundred years old!" Bilbo cried, who saw the things they were doing.

"And...and, ca...can you not do that, you'll blunt them!" Bilbo begged.

"Ooh, d'you hear that, lads? He says we'll blunt the knives!" Bofur laughed.

Kíli sung:

Blunt the knives, bend the forks.

Fíli sung as he balanced plates on each of his elbows:

"Smash the bottles and burn the corks."

The Dwarves joined into the singing as they worked:

Chip the glasses and crack the plates

That's what Bilbo Baggins hates!

Cut the cloth, tread on the fat

Leave the bones on the bedroom mat

Pour the milk on the pantry floor

Splash the wine on every door!

Dump the crocks in a boiling bowl

Pound them up with a thumping pole

When you're finished if they are whole

Send them down the hall to roll

Of course none of them did this nasty thing. After they sung their final line, "That's what bilbo Baggins hates", Bilbo ran in and saw that the dishes were alright. The dwarves began laughing and Violet sighed in relief just like Bilbo sighed in relief. They continued laughing, but were interrupted by a loud knock was on the door.

"He's here," Gandalf said.