Chapter 11

Now, I just had too much to think about... So Tyler DID like me, alot. I was still a somewhat defective werewolf vampire, and I was slowly realizing I might not hate Tyler. 

  I had defeated the purpose of clearing my mind, now it was even busier... I mean, I could drive myself crazy or lose myself if those monsters, spirits, whatever they're called, fought too hard. 

  And now all the memories were resurfacing... I closed my eyes and tried to block them out, but they just came back clearer. 

  Sitting with a tall, tan, light brown haired boy in a tree. Walking with him, holding hands, down the riverbank. Going to the movies. Lying to Dad that we weren't together. Then... Sitting in a hospital next to his bed. Waking up to rapid beeping. Nurses rushing me out. 

  I burst into tears. I wanted to stop, I should move on, just like he'd wanted! But I couldn't... It was my fault... I missed him... 

  I tried to hold back the sobs, pull myself together, anything... But they just kept coming out louder until I could hardly breathe, until I was screaming silently into my pillow. 

  Then my door opened. I buried my face in my pillow and made myself be still. 

  "Ray?" Tyler. Dang it, go away Tyler. 

  I tried to steady my breathing, but failed. Every breath was heavy and half sobbing. 

  Footsteps approached my bed. "Ray? Are you ok?" He sounded concerned. 

  "No. Yes! I'm fine. Go away." I whimpered hoarsely. 

  "Ray-ray... Come on, it's ok..." I felt his weight settle down next to me on the bed and his arms wrap around me and pull me into him. 

  "Fluff Tyler, just listen for once! Shut up and leave me alone!" I growled, but didn't resist his grip. 

  "Shh you shut up for once... Don't think that I'm gonna leave you alone like this." 

  I growled at him, but half-heartedly. This both helped and doubled the pain. It was nice to be in someone's arms again... But I didn't want Tyler! 

  "B-but I don't want you..." I whimpered. I felt bad, but I couldn't help it. 

  Tyler was quiet for a minute. "Pretend I'm him then." He whispered. 

  That just shocked me. This boy was confusing me, weren't boys all protective? Didn't he mean something like 'Oh come on, of course you want me, get over him I can make you happier!'? 

  But I tried that... And pretended he was someone else... I wouldn't, couldn't, say his name... Or else I'd break down again. 

  And it helped. I pretended I was with him, and slowly calmed down until I fell asleep.