Chapter 30

I was just sitting in a tree, staring at the sky now. I honestly had nothing better to do, I mean, there is nothing to do here but talk to Nico and that gets on my nerves after a while. I can't even go look for food or water because the trees here are loaded with food and the ocean is surprisingly not salty. 

  I was also pretty touchy now, I guess all that'd happened made me really grumpy. Geez I even got annoyed with myself multiple times a day and ended up knocking trees over. 

  So when Nico came over to me stuttering and stuff I was really not empathetic. "R-ray what day d-did we leave your house to h-here?" He asked. 

  "I dunno thanks to you getting me kidnapped, why?" 

  "My uh phone stopped when we got here..." 

  "And?" 

  "And you left your phone back on the beach and it didn't stop." 

  "Your point?" 

  "W-we've been here for almost twenty days... We were knocked out f-for fifteen we only have ten d-days!" Nico was obviously panicking. Why? No idea. 

  "What were you doing on my phone? And why does the time matter?" I asked nonchalantly. 

  "Did Scar not tell you?" He asked sharply. 

  "Um no, what secrets are you both keeping from me?" 

  For some reason Nico's temper snapped. Ok, I guess I asked for it, but seriously I'm the only one who should have anger issues. "My goodness can you not be polite for once?! I am obviously not  keeping secrets from you since I'm telling you and I thought you knew! Well in ten days an undefeatable monster is going to try to get us unless we can fall in love before then, and you're doing one crappy job of trying to like me and get me to like you! I'm not like Reese, I don't deal well with your dumb temper, ok?!" He yelled before storming away. 

  I just blinked and stared dumbly after him. That was quite a bomb, both of information and temper. Was I too much? And a MONSTER?! 

  "Scarlet!" I yelled in my head. 

  "Hm?" She appeared. 

  "Monster?! What?!" I exclaimed angrily. 

  "Oh well I would've told you but I knew you'd react this way, and you do much better when you don't try to force things. If you knew what you had to do and knew you had a literal deadline you'd get nowhere." 

  "Darnit can you stop thinking about what's best for me for once and quit leaving me in the dark?!" I yelled. 

  "You know what." Scarlet said in an unusually cold voice. "I have an idea that'll fit us both just fine." 

  "And that is?" I spat. 

  "Well this island goes by who's in charge at the time, not who entered in charge. And I happen to already have feelings for Nico, I'll have such an easy time getting him to like me too since I know how to treat a guy. So you go to sleep and I'll take care of all this." 

  I considered for a moment, then remembered something Dad had said... If someone other than me was in control too long they could take over permanently. This wasn't a good idea... 

  "Um no..." I said quietly. 

  "That wasn't a suggestion." Scarlet said angrily before pushing me out of control so quickly and hard that I had no time to respond. 

  No matter how hard I fought, I was getting pushed deeper and deeper until I couldn't hold on anymore, and I drifted away, wondering if this was it. 

....................................................................................................................

  *Nico's POV* 

  I stared out across the ocean, my anger dissolving slowly. Yeah I was mad at how rude and inconsiderate Ray was, but honestly I did love her and found it hard to remain mad. 

  I knew she didn't feel the same towards me though, because we were still here... I realized that I didn't mean most of what I'd said, and she had a right to be mean to me anyway. I was a pretty bad person... 

  Ray wasn't the first person I'd lured into that trap... But I swore she'd be the last. At first I'd thought it was for the better that people join against the demons, a rouge demon had killed my parents and I was sure they all deserved to die. I'd also been told that it was part for those people's protection that I be sure they get there, as the demons might kill them if they thought they could be a weapon. 

  But as I'd read Reese's mind once and learned about his experience with the demons... I knew I was wrong. The demons had saved him, and only used him in order to get food or other things for them. They didn't make him kill or hurt others... Not all were bad. 

  Taking a deep breath, I decided to apologize for everything. I was a mega jerk just like she thought and I had to say sorry for that, even though it wouldn't fix anything. 

  So I stood up and made my way back to where Ray was, where I found her shaking her head and mumbling. "Ray?" I asked. 

  She looked up at me, her eyes were bright blue-green. "Oh. Scarlet, can I talk to Ray?" 

  "No. Ray is gone now. You can talk to me though!" She smiled sweetly at me. 

  "Uh gone?" I asked, worried and confused. 

  "Yes dear, she was under too much pressure and didn't feel she could do this so she put me in charge. I'll let her come back, of course, once we get out of here." Scarlet took a step towards me. 

 "Uh but... I fell in love with Ray already..." I was honestly a little creeped out by Scarlet now, something about how sweet she smiled and spoke wasn't right. 

  "And I already fell in love with you! Come on now, I'm much nicer than Ray aren't I? Not so bossy and mean?" 

  "Yeah... Right, you're right." I said slowly, hoping she'd be convinced I was falling for whatever she was doing while I peeked in her head. 

  It was all I could do not to react when I heard a small voice, Ray's voice. "Help..." 

*OwO I killed writer's block xD And now I have to wonder, now that the guys have changed, should Ray end up with, Reese, Tyler, or Nico? Or *Gasps* more than one guy?!?!?!*