Chapter 12

When I woke up I was all alone... And I had this super weird feeling... My whole body was tingling and I was craving something so badly, and also I could feel something poking my lip and inside my mouth. 

  I sat up and got out of bed, getting extremely annoyed by the way my blankets tangled around my feet. I kicked them off with a growl, feeling my wolf come out a little. 

  Nope, go away! I tried to send it away, but it was dragging my mind away again. I lost control, only this time I could watch. 

  But then the craving feeling increased for some reason, and a new thing started coming to take control. Must be the vampire... 

  It tried to overtake the wolf, but the wolf started fighting it. I felt myself get pushed deeper into my mind, or wherever I was getting pushed to. I couldn't let that happen... I pushed back, tried to take control again. 

  I was horrifed when someone opened the door to my room... Mom. No, anyone but her! The wolf and vampire both turned their attention to her and my head snapped that way. 

  "Um Ray are you ok?" Mom asked cautiously. 

  "Yes I'm perfectly fine." I felt my mouth move, but my voice was too high and fakely sweet. The vampire... Then I was down on all fours, growling.

  Dang it wolf, don't you dare! I tried to take control again, but the wolf and vampire together pushed me back down. 

  "Stay down, I'm hungry!" The vampire growled. And I fell backward from how hard they pushed me, even though they were in my head... 

  "R-ray that isn't you..." Mom whispered and began backing away. 

  Suddenly, the wolf took control and lunged at Mom. No! I took control forcefully, just in time to stop, and I yelled, "Go away Mom please!" right before the vampire took control again. 

  "You idiot shut up!" It yelled at me. I was too low on energy to fight it now. 

  I watched until I saw Mom run out of the room, then I gave up. I slipped away and let the wolf and vampire fight it out.

............................................................................................................................................

  I opened my eyes again to find myself on the floor of my room, my wrist stinging slightly, with Dad and Tyler sitting next to me. 

  "Wh-" I tried to ask, but Dad shushed me. 

  "Shh just be quiet and rest Ray-ray... It's ok..." 

  I felt Tyler start stroking my hair, I realized my head was resting on his lap. I tried to sit up, but my head ached painfully as soon as I moved. 

  "Goodness I hate them..." I muttered. 

  "It's ok, you did good for your first time..." Tyler said comfortingly. "You didn't hurt anyone, except... Yourself?" 

  "What did I do?" I asked worridly. 

  "Well, you scared your mom pretty bad, she's worried about you... The fighting probably gave you a hedache... And your vampire monster got so hungry it bit your wrist and drank your blood... I guess you're still wolf enough that that works." Tyler told me. 

  Dad pulled a few cloths from his pocket and began cleaning my wrist. That made it hurt worse, and the headache came back again, but I guess it was neccassary. 

  I closed my eyes and tried to block the world out, but that didn't work. After about five minutes someone picked me up and placed me in bed. 

  I didn't want to be alone... I was worried they'd leave... I opened my eyes slightly and whispered, "Please don't go..." Before closing them again. They talked for a minute, I don't know what about I was too out of it to process words, but then someone left and someone sat on the side of my bed and picked up my hand.

  Whoever it was began singing softly and I gripped their hand tighter, before letting myself fall asleep.