Chapter 18

*Ray's POV* 

  For some reason I woke up, I didn't want to wake up! My head hurt pretty bad, as did my hand, and I felt so heavy I wasn't even going to try to move. 

  Scarlet and the vampire were silent, which I didn't know if it was good or bad, and I was alone as far as I could tell. 

  With a good deal of effort, I turned my head to see where I was. A prison cell, maybe? It was all metal with only a small barred window and security camera in the corner. At least I wasn't chained, not that I could escape anyway, but this was more comfortable. 

  Almost a minute after I'd turned my head, I heard a voice. The voice seemed to be over loud speakers and honestly it almost scared me with how loud and smug it was. 

  "Ray you have not been cooperating... That is very disappointing. You are the rarest breed in the world, nobody can compare to you, we need your help. You can either help us of your free will, or we can force you. We have ways, trust me." 

  I didn't know if he could hear me, mostly because of how weak and raspy my voice sounded, but I replied, "Why would I help someone who kidnaps and drugs me with no explaination, and I have no idea what you want or who you are!" 

  There was silence for so long I was sure I wasn't heard, but then with a whoosh the wall opened into a door and someone came in. His, I guess, he looked pretty masculine, anyway his face was hidden by a mask that looked like the smiley face on the theater/acting logo thingy whatever that's called. 

  "So, what are you wanting to know then?" He asked. 

  I drug myself up, holding back a groan, and asked, "What the heck do you want from me?" 

  "Well, you're the rarest breed there is-" He began but I interrupted him. 

  "Stop saying breed like I'm some animal, I'm not." 

  I couldn't see his face under the mask, but I was sure it was frowning by his tone as he continued. "Ok. Whatever. Well you're very powerful! We need to run some tests and find out all your capabilities, maybe find out how to replicate your power and use you to the fullest-" 

  "Use me for what?" I glowered, quickly getting mad. 

  "To fight." He said simply. 

  I didn't reply. I just glared with a look that clearly said no way. Because no way was I fighting for whoever this jerk was just because he wanted! 

  "You have two choices." He said menacingly. "You do as I say, no matter what, or I drug you and do whatever I want anyway and," He added, sounding smug and evil, "I think you may know a certain prisoner I have by the name of Tyler, who I have no use for and it would be no issue for me to dispose of him. Unless you can make me happy, then I may consider sparing him." 

  Tyler was here? Oh no... I couldn't let anything happen to him! I just hoped Reese was ok... It would be my fault if he wasn't, and if I was being honest with myself I still loved him. But why was I thinking about him when I was kidnapped to be tested on with death threats to Tyler and he was the one who was ok?! 

  "Who am I fighting?" I whispered. 

  He grinned maliciously. "The demons." 

 ........................................................................................................................

  Hours later, I was wondering how I could  escape this. I could end up fighting Reese! And how are demons killed anyway? Could they be killed?

  Whatever drug I had been given had worn off, and I hadn't been able to break any of the doors or walls. But I had broken the camera and nobody had come to replace it, or tell me off. 

 Scarlet hadn't been talking to me, I couldn't find out why because I'd felt her presence. Had I done something to make her mad? Neither had the vampire, but I didn't mind that so much. 

  With a frustrated growl, I punched the wall. I was so worried and scared and bored! The wall dented but then sprung back into place. Then the door opened again. I turned around with a glare, seeing the woman who'd first came in. 

  "The boss says it's time for your first test." She said stiffly, obviously disliking me. 

  "And that is?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. 

  "You'll see. Just follow me." 

  I followed as she walked away, then turned down multiple hallways. She stopped at a doorway and motioned for me to go in. 

  Inwardly terrified, I walked into the room. At first it was pitch black, but as I stepped in a light flicked on and I stopped in my steps. 

  It was a huge, long room. Full of fire, swords, and many other dangerous things. I turned back to the woman questioningly, she smirked. "You've got to make it to the other end of the room, where your friend is. If you don't make it in time there's a chance he might die. The fire is pretty hot down there." And she slammed the door shut in my face. 

  I turned back to the room, and about a football field away I saw Tyler, tied to a post, unconscious, and fire only a few feet away from him. With all those obstacles between us. 

*Cliffhanger!! >:D Ok so on Saturdays my mom goes shopping so I can almost definetely update on Saturdays(using my mom's chromebook, while she isn't)! Possibly other days too randomly but I can't tell, kinda just random. 

  And special thank you shoutout to  @firestar624  for all the nice comments, they made my day!! :)*