Chapter 27

"Scarlet you woke me up! Who is Seth anyway?" I thought groggily as I heard Scarlet running and yelling at someone. 

  She didn't respond, so I groaned and pushed her out of control. "Noo Ray! I have to catch Seth!" She yelled as I forced my body to quit running. 

  "Not until I know who Seth is." I told her. "Ugghhh..." She moaned. "He's the guy I like! Only he's still a ghost until he can find a body." 

  "Well why's he running away from you?" I asked. 

  Scarlet didn't respond, and I felt her leave. "Ok then." I grumbled, and turned around. I was happy enough alone, but I guess Nico and I had to do something together to get off here so might as well start trying to find out what. 

  I found him under the tree I'd been in before Scarlet went whacko and chased her nonexistent boyfriend around the island. 

  "Ray or Scar?" He asked as I stalked over, scowling. "Who do you think?" I snapped. I was furious at him still, what a jerk. 

  "Oh ok, Ray. Ray's the rude mean one and Scar's the crazy one." I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. Any ideas how to get out of here and away from you?" 

  "I dunno. Scar knows but won't tell me, says it's gotta be genuine and if she tells we'll just try to force it." 

  My scowl deepened and I inwardly yelled at Scarlet. "What do we have to do?! Tell me now!" 

  "No way, you know why." And she disappeared again. I yelled and punched a tree, causing it to crack and fall over. 

  "Someone's got anger issues." Nico muttered. 

  Before I could punch him too, I heard another voice in my head. The vampire. "You know, I can read minds." It said. 

  "And?" I growled. 

  "I can read the wolf's mind, and the boy's too. I already have." 

  "So what are you saying?" I snapped. 

  "Who are you talking to now?" Nico asked. 

  "Shut up! I'll explain in a minute." I yelled at him. 

  "If you let me take control more often, I'll tell you everything you need to know." 

  "What are you planning, while you're in control?" 

  "I'm hungry! I will promise not to kill anyone, especially those you care about, but I am going crazy. If I am fed I can be just as nice as wolf girl." 

  "Ok, deal. Now what can you tell me?" 

  "What you have to do is-" He began, just to be cut off by Scarlet. 

  "Don't you dare tell, you filthy leech! You could ruin everything! Ray do not agree to that he can't promise to control himself!" 

  "Oh shush Scarlet you're just jealous that he's more useful than you!" 

  "UGH Ray! Don't listen to her, don't you wanna know the truth?" 

  "Yes just tell me!" 

  "Ok you-" 

  "NO darnit! You'll ruin everything!" 

  I felt Scarlet's consciousness attack the vampire, and all of a sudden my head began throbbing. "Guys stop!" I moaned. 

  They ignored me though, and kept fighting harder and harder while yelling at each other. 

  "Ray? What's going on?" Nico asked as I fell to my knees holding my head. 

  "They're fighting... It hurts..." I mumbled, not even caring that I was showing weakness in front of my enemy. 

  Suddenly for some reason both Scarlet and the vampire began trying to take control at the same time, and I fought to keep it for some reason. 

  "R-ray your eyes are changing color so fast... What? Green-blue, red, green, red, green-blue... Why?!" Nico backed up. 

  "They're... Taking... Over..." I gasped out, interrupted every time I lost control. 

  "You know what... I'm outta here... You're insane!" He said and turned and ran. 

  So I was left all alone on the ground, fighting an impossible battle, with my head throbbing so bad I was sure it would explode. 

......................................................................................................

  It was a few days later, and I think Scarlet and the vampire killed each other. I haven't heard from either of them since the fight, though my head still aches from that. Now I know why Dad said it could drive me crazy, if that happened every day... 

  I hadn't seen Nico much either, he thought I was totally insane and wanted nothing to do with me. 

  One thing I learned from that fight though is the vampire's name is Ricky, because he yelled that at Scarlet after getting mad about being called "The Filthy Leech" so many times. 

  Suddenly, I was startled out of my thoughts by Nico. "Uh Ray?" He said awkwardly. 

  "Hm?" I wondered what on earth he wanted. 

  "I think I figured out what we have to do." 

*CLIFFHANGER!!!! Who can guess what they have to do?! I'll uh... I don't know give you a shoutout or something else if you have any ideas if you can guess what it is xD*