Chapter 13

When I woke up again, I was alone. All alone. I sat up and looked around,  wishing someone was here. 

  My wrist felt stiff, I looked down at it to see it was tightly wrapped in a white cloth of some sort. My head felt better at least. 

  I swung my feet out of bed and stood up, a little shakily. I must've... Ewww.. Drank alot of my blood. 

  I slowly walked out into the hall, and then living room. But it was empty... I stood and listened for a moment, then faintly heard voices coming from my parents room. 

  I walked that way, but stopped short in the hall at what I heard. 

  "...She safe?" 

  "I don't know, but come on Jen it'll be fine." 

  "I know I'm just worried."

  "It isn't her fault." 

  "It's ok nobody will get hurt." 

  "I love her but I'm scared. Should she go?" 

  I'd heard enough. I was leaving. They were too scared to keep me... And where was Tyler? Heck, bye then. 

  I let the tears drip down my face as I packed up a few of my favorite clothes and stuff, then I walked out the door. I didn't look back. 

.......................................................................................................................................

  Hours later, and I realized I really hadn't thought this through. Where now? In books the people always either have a friend to go to or they get kidnapped before this is a problem... 

  I was standing in the woods at the edge of a town now, undecided about whether to try to find a place in the town to go or whether to sleep in the woods. 

  Eventually, I decided to go into the town. I was hungry, and... Ok I had no money, but at least there was food there. 

  So I walked down and looked around, I hadn't been here in forever... I hoped I could find something to eat soon, I got grumpy when I was hungry, and yeah... 

  As I walked farther in I saw lots of shops with all sorts of stuff. Food, clothes, toys, everything. 

  Suddenly I heard something and froze. "Birdie?" I turned around quickly. It was... But... It couldn't be! 

  "R-reese?" I whispered. 

  "Yes, it's me, where have you been?" He asked. 

  "B-but you died!" I blurted out. 

  "No..." Reese said, confused. "I almost did, but... It's complicated... They told me you disappeared." He took a step forward and hugged me. 

  I hugged back, tears coming to my eyes. I couldn't speak with happiness. 

  But then I felt that weird feeling again... And smelled something delicious. I pulled away from Reese and looked around, then I saw it. Some little kid had skinned their knee and it was bleeding. 

  "Uh Ray? You... Uh... Are you ok?" Reese looked scared. 

  I looked back towards him and caught a glimpse of myself in the glass of a window. My teeth were poking out of my mouth, my eyes were so dark they looked black, and I'd grown extremely pale. 

  "Ray?" Reese asked again. 

  "I'm fine." I said, my voice too high again. I was stuck staring at him now, so full of blood... I was panting slightly now, I couldn't resist! 

  But not here... "Come on, let's go to the river." I grabbed his hand and pulled him along. He was obviously scared, too scared to resist. 

  Once we were there I stopped and looked at him, the hunger almost unbearable. 

  "R-ray... Birdie? W-what... Y-you aren't ok!" Reese stuttered as I grabbed his shoulders and pulled him closer to me. 

  I was just about to bite him when something crashed into me and knocked me down. I moaned slightly and glared, seeing Tyler pinning me down. 

  "Ray, come on! Really? Get a hold of yourself, right now!" Tyler yelled. 

  "Tyler I'm hungry!" I whined, my vampire whined, it had taken over my thoughts and I couldn't tell them apart anymore. 

  "No, YOU aren't, don't let her win!" He growled. 

  I saw Reese come up behind us, carefully, wide-eyes. "Uh what uh who uhm..." He tried to ask, his voice failing him. 

  "Uhh it's alot to explain..." Tyler mumbled. "I'm Tyler?" He suggested. 

  "Reese he's hurting me make him let me go." My vampire whimpered. Ok, now I was mad, nobody takes advantage of Reese or lies about Tyler. 

  I took control, using my anger to fuel my fight. Finally she was gone! "S-sorry..." I whispered and went limp under Tyler. 

  He sighed and helped me up. Reese took a step back. 

  "Sorry Reese... I... I dunno it's complicated?" I mumbled lamely. 

  Tyler rolled his eyes. "Just tell him, for goodness sakes. This is the guy, right?" He asked, giving me a look. 

  "Yeah, ok... Mhm.. Yeah... I uh... I'm a..." I stammered. 

  "Ok fine, I'll tell him them. She's a werewolf vampire mix, and that was not her, that was her vampire side taking control." Tyler explained. 

  Reese widened his eyes further. "I d-don't believe you..." He said. 

  "It's true... I am..." I muttered. 

  "H-how do I know?" 

  "My g- Did I not just try to drink your blood? My eyes turn black, fangs?" I asked incredulously. 

  "Ok good point... I'm... Sorry I can't believe it but I know it's true..." Reese muttered. 

  "So... Ray... Is this the birdie guy?" Tyler asked with a smirk, probably trying to lighten the mood. 

  "Shut up before I knock your other tooth out.... But yes." I growled at him. 

  Reese gave me a questioning look. I opened my mouth to answer but Tyler answered first. 

  "Yeah, you called her birdie... And now I'm not allowed to call her that or she cries!" He said. 

  I growled and felt my wolf start to push up, but I pushed it back down and took a deep breath. 

  "Wait... So... You... Still... Like... Me?" Reese asked hesitantly. 

  I nodded. I more than liked him! 

  His eyes filled with tears. "I still like you too... But I'm.. A little scared now..." He looked down. 

  I looked down too. Everyone was scared of me... I was too dangerous.... How could anyone love me now?