Chapter 9

Lying in bed, staring at the ceiling, listening to music, thinking. I should be asleep right now, but I couldn't sleep. Too much was going on. 

  I'd asked Tyler what being hungry, or thirsty, felt like. All he said was it was hard to explain and I'd know soon enough. 

  Now I was worried about what would happen when I did need blood... Who would I drink from? Would my wolf and vampire fight? Which would win? 

  After about another hour of thinking I started to get a headache. So... To distract myself I went and knocked on Tyler's door. 

  I told myself it was just to distract myself, that was it, not to finish our conversation from earlier, which Dad had interrupted since he didn't trust us or something. Only to distract myself. 

  He opened the door with a smile. "Hey Ray! Heh that rhymes." 

  "Yup... So does, 'Oh hi, wait bye!'" I said rolling my eyes and pretending to turn to walk away. 

  "Aw nah don't leave b- Ray! I'm sorry I'll try to stop being annoying!" He whined. 

  I turned and raised an eyebrow. "What were you about to call me? And are you begging me to stay?" 

  "I uh nevermind that first one forget it that never happened, and yes I am begging you to stay, shamelessly might I add." 

  I turned back and put my hands on my hips. "Well I'm only coming back if you tell what you were gonna call me. What was it?" 

  "Aw dang, well see you tomorrow then." 

  "Nope. I'm not talking to you until you tell." I stuck my tongue out. 

  He started blushing and looked pretty upset. I was tempted to give in, but... He's not the only one who can be annoying and mean. 

  "I uhh I was gonna... Call you uhm... Birdie... But I don't think you l-like that, I dunno why but uh it really bugged you when my monster did." He said awkwardly. 

  I stood and thought for a minute... Then two... Three... Yes, birdie really bugged me, but I would never say why. 

  "Yeah, ok, just don't call me that." I said finally and walked into his room. 

  "So... What are you over here for? I mean uhm I'm not complaining! Just... Curious?" Tyler asked. 

  I had trouble not laughing. Sometimes, when he wasn't annoying the crap out of me, he was really funny and even a little cute. 

  "Well, I gave myself a headache by thinking and-" I started but was cut off. 

  "Aw you want me to kiss it better?" Tyler asked jokingly, then almost immediately clapped his hands over his mouth. "I didn't say that!" He mumbled, muffled through his hands. 

  "Oh my... No, do not do that. I was hoping you could distract me, being the annoying idiot you are." I rolled my eyes and covered my face. 

  "Oh ok." He said. I couldn't tell if he sounded hurt, disappointed, both, or something else...