55. The Quirky Tale Of April Hale

Title: The Quirky Tale Of April Hale

Author: demonicblackcat

Rating: 9.5/10

Status: On-Going

Genre: Teen Fiction

Quote: Self-proclaimed weirdo April Hale and the notorious Ryder Black have been living side by side for more than ten years. Both never attempted to communicate with each other, but on the night Ryder is thrown out by his own father, he asks her a question that might change both their lives.

"March will you let me stay in you room?"

He even got her name wrong.

•••

I love Ryder and I love Alex. My question is... where can I buy one?

First things first, April was annoying at the start of the book, she irked me by being innocent and dense. As someone who lost their innocence long ago and has a mind dirtier than your toilet I found it very hard to relate to her.

But then there's the big reveal with April that makes you understand why she acts the way she does and it made me feel awful that I disliked her at the beginning of the book before I knew about it.

She's not my favourite female protagonist I relate more on an emotional and scheming level with Alex and Ryder who I love. Both of them just have that quality that makes them click with me and I relate to them.

Definitely Ryder. The way he handles all the shit he's put through by just getting on with it and keeping most of it kept inside him. Then he exploded in a sense and in some weird way I found that appealing. It showed the author is interested in making their characters relatable and most importantly human.

The second part of the book after 'the thing that broke April' is my favourite part of the book. I love it!

I suggest reading this and getting whipped up in the world of the quirky April Hale.