58. All That Is Gold ( Series )

Title: All That Is Gold ( Gold Series #1 )

Author: simonesaidwhat

Rating: 9/10

Status: Completed

Genre: Teen Fiction

Quote: Quinn Barton was content with her seat in the social hierarchy at the elite Dupont prep: not exactly on top, but high enough to get some respect. Too bad Carter Dupont, the undisputed king of the school was keen on making her his new queen.

•••

I have to admit I'm a sucker for books based on high school hierarchies, they're one of my favourite types of books, but I've never read one quite like this.

It was to put it simply brilliant. I genuinely loved it and actually enjoyed Quinn as a female protagonist. Granted sometimes she frustrated me but I really liked her, even if she turned into the exact person she never wanted to be I admired her courage.

One thing that makes this book so addictive is the drama that unfolds that keeps you constantly on the edge of your seat. All that drama leads to to an ending that wasn't cliched or stereotypical but innovative and left me surprised.

I loved the reveal that happened at the very end of the book. I didn't expect it, but I'm so glad it happened.

This is one book that really nailed character development. We saw how Quinn grew and moulded herself into the women she was at the end of the book.

I actually loved Carter and his crew of boys. Something oddly charming and manipulative about their characters that just made me like them, even if they were meant to be hated.

I would read this book if you're a fan of high school hierarchies, innovative and unexpected endings and enjoy writing that shows charter development I would suggest you read this book and you will love it.

Note: The author of this series does delete comments by users that aren't about the book or that reference anything else other than her book. This irked me a little but I understand why they do it.