e i g h t e e n

10 months until

"bren c'mon, you're getting us all wet." josh complained, referring to the way brendon was jumping in the small stream, splashing the water everywhere.

"dude, chill out. it's not like i'm making tidal waves. ooh, wait, that would be cool. imagine like, instead of a creek against a fence, it was a beach. a beach in a mental hospital would be so cool!"

josh nodded, defeated, leaning back on his hands.

"do you guys want to hear me sing?"

"no, bren, it's okay."

brendon shrugged, finally stopping his splashing and sitting next to the other three.

"remember when we used to have lunch together? that was a time. not really a fun time, but a more enjoyable one than lunch now. now lunch is boring, besides dallon, of course. dallon's great. i love dallon."

josh raised his eyebrows, sharing a quick, knowing glance with tyler, before they both smiled.

knew it josh mouthed, and tyler rolled his eyes.

"yep. me and dallon are boyfriends now, so you were right. wait, boyfriend is such a weird term, because you guys are my friends and both boys, but not my boyfriends. hmm, it should be something different. like date-mates. ooh, date-mates is cool! dallon, will you be my date-mate?"

dallon rolled his eyes before slightly smiling and nodding.

"yes!" brendon exclaimed happily.

josh smirked at tyler before opening his mouth to speak;

"so... brendon, dallon, how'd you two pass the time while stuck in your room?" josh asked, watching as tyler covered his mouth with his hands, trying not to laugh.

"y-yeah," tyler said, "w-w-w.. was it hard t-trying to find w-ways to spend t-time?"

josh's eyes widened, surprised at what tyler just said.

maybe he wasn't as innocent as he thought.

"what are you guys talking about?" brendon asked, confused, "all we did was kiss a bunch then, then... uh.. what else did we do besides sleep? huh. time is weird."

dallon's cheeks flushed a dark red.

"we have to come up with a name for you two now," josh said, tyler nodding along, "dall...ren?"

"n-no, that doesn't w-work..." tyler shook his head.

"brallon?"

tyler perked up, smiling, "that's it!"

brendon crossed his arms, "wow, so creative. amazing, really. we'll use that for- shit!"

the brunet suddenly jumped up, pulling dallon with him, and walked about five feet away.

"what's it this time?" josh asked.

"don't freak out, okay, but there's a fucking huge ass raccoon with red eyes right there. inch away slowly if you want to not get torn to shreds."

josh and tyler inched away, not really caring about whatever brendon was hallucinating at the moment.

"so you two are like, officially officially together?" josh asked anyway.

brendon, who was staring off into space, was nudged by dallon and took in what josh had said.

"yep! and it's great. i'll invite you two to our wedding, whenever that is. hey dallon, want to get married? wait, nevermind, we're in a hospital. bummer. maybe some time after we get out, if we get out at the same time, even. i hope we do. that would be cool. i can show you my music room! it's my favorite room. i like music. my favorite bands were-"