Goosebumps and Chills.

*Katherine's POV*

"Its freezing." I state as my mother and I climb into our small black car.

"I told you not to wear the skirt. But, you didn't want to listen to me." She laughs.

"It isn't funny." I mumble.

"It kind of is though." My mother says with a smirk.

"Can you just drop me off at school now?"

My mother laughs and pulls out of our two bedroom apartment, and drives toward the school.

"How are you and that boyfriend of yours?" My mother asks.

"Ken isn't my boyfriend. He is like a brother to me." I explain.

"Well, you guys act like you are dating. All of that hugging the two of you do, the way you kiss his cheek....." My mother begins her usual fantasy, as we pull up to the school. I quickly unbuckle my seat belt, open my door, and start to get out before she has the car fully stopped.

"I'll see you when I get home." I say a bit too loudly, but, I don't care. I just really need to get away from her and her imagination. I grab my backpack from the back seat of the car and run to the front doors of the school, hearing my mother shouting a goodbye from the car.

Walking into school in the morning has to be the most awkward thing ever. People looking up at you thinking you are their friend, then looking away with a frown because you aren't the person they wanted you to be. I think that the next awkward thing is waiting for your friends. I'm always the first one, in my little circle of friends, that gets to school first. Seeing that I get a ride and the others ride the bus. We are also the loudest group.

"Kitty!!"

My eyes widen and I quickly turn around to be engulfed by two pairs of arms, that belong to Ken. "Barbie!" I yell and wrap my arms around him.

"Where have you been my whole life!" He shouts dramatically, as if he didn't see me the day before.. Or any day before that.

"I don't know. but, I am here now and that is all that counts." I giggle.

Ken pulls away and places his hands on my shoulders, narrowing his eyes at me, "You just ruined it. How dare you giggle at me!"

"Well, then. Are you on your man period?" I raise an eyebrow at him, holding in a laugh.

"Maybe. I need Pamprin, chocolate, cute movie, a heated blanket, and everyone to leave me alone. Because I will kill them if they talk to me." Ken says with a smirk.

"That's not nice. Don't make fun of me!" I groan. It's not like I am that bad... But, I'm not going to say that I'm nice.

"Hey! You two! In the corner! Who are probably kissing! Guess whoo!!!" Our friend Harry shouts from ten feet away.

"Hmm. Is it, Bob the Builder?" Ken asks. Both Harry and I look at him with confused faces. "What?"

I shake my head and look at the floor, "Scarlet Johansson?"

"Katherine, how many times do I have to tell you that she will never come to our school." Harry asks me as if I were a small child.

"As many times as you want. But, she will come one day and I will laugh at you when it happens." I grin up at him.

Harry just shakes his head and gives me a small hug. Then he turns to Ken and they "Bro High five." Its really dumb if you ask me. All they do is high five, low five, the pound their fists to one another's. I could do that. But, seeing I am a girl I cant.

"I'm going to walk to my locker." I tell the boys, then start to walk away. I make sure that I am the first one to go to my locker in the morning. But, that's only because my locker is on the third floor, and that is where most of the seniors lockers are. Most of them don't really notice a girl that is 5 foot 4, seeing that most of them are like 8 feet tall.

I make it half way up the second floor stair case when I hear footsteps behind me. Maybe it is another girl or guy going to their locker so they don't die, when they go later on. I shrug my shoulders and keep walking up the stairs. I get to the top of the third set of stairs and don't hear the footsteps anymore. Perhaps the person went to the second floor. But, I still feel like there is someone behind me. You know that feeling where you randomly get the chills and goosebumps.. That's the feeling I have. I turn around quickly and see no one. Maybe I'm just imagining it. I've got to be.

I make it to my locker just before the three minute bell goes off. The feeling of being watched is gone, leaving me thinking I am going crazy. Today is going to be fun.