Chapter 9: Party

It's a Birthday party for Josh. It's only doing to be a small party okay. I don't know many people here." I said.

"Of course We'll help you with the party. When is the party?" said Erza.

"It's going to be 5 days from now." I said.

"Oh okay that's just enough time to plan a small party. Who do you plan to invite." said Levy.

"Of course you guys and a few people from the restaurant. Only people that I trust with my past." I said.

"Okay lets make a list of things we need and of who is coming." said Juvia.

"Yeah Juvia is right. Lucy you make the guest list while we handle the rest." said Natsu.

"Okay" I said and started writing the names.

Quest List
Levy McGarden
Juvia Lockser
Erza Scarlet
Mirajane Strauss
Gajeel Redfox
Gray Fullbuster
Jellal Fernandez
Laxus Dreyar
Natsu Dragneel

"So Lucy what flavor cake do you want?" asked Mira.

"I would like it mixed with chocolate and vanilla. The outside I would like it to have a picture of superman." I said and they nodded. We kept planning until it was it was 10:30.

"Well I should go it's getting late. I'll order the cake tomorrow before it gets to late." said Erza. The rest of the girls got up and said bye and left.

Then Natsu got up and said "Luce if you want we could use the food from the restaurant."

"That would be great." I said.

"Okay Bye see you tomorrow." He said.

"Bye" I said and he left.

-----------------------------------------------

I'm walking into work and head directly towards Natsu's office with the invitation. I knock on the door.

"Come in." I hear him say. I walk into the office and take a seat right in front of him.

"What can I help you with Luce." asked Natsu.

"Well here's the invitation for the party and inside is a list of food that I would like for the party." I said as I hand him the invitation. When I hand him the invite he smiles at me.

"Okay everything on this list will be at the party." He said with a big cute wide grin.

"Okay bye I should start working." I said.

--------------------------------------------------------

On the morning of my son's birthday I got ready and got him dressed for the day. I started cleaning up the house for it could be clean and ready for the party also the guest. Also I started making salads and other healthy choices that way if they don't want to eat or are tried of eating that they have other options to pick from.

Then I heard a knock at the door. I stopped what I was doing and opened the door. It was Mira at the door with a container that has cookies.

"I came to help set up for the party and I brought homemade cookies." she said as she walked into the apartment.

"That's okay. I actually need some help with everything that I have to get done for the party. Also thank you for the cookies that would be a nice treat for everyone especially Josh." I said.

Two hours later my friends arrived with the food and drinks. Erza brought the cake, Juvia with the drinks and Levy the snacks.

We set everything in the kitchen before we heard a knock at the door. I answered the door and it was Gajeel and Gray. I let them inside and lead them to the living room. As we walked in the girls looked up and Levy and Juvia's eyes widen and they start blushing fifty shades of red. That's when I realized is they both have a crush on them. A few minutes later there was another knock at the door. I opened the door and it was Laxus and Jellal. This time Mira and Erza were the ones blushing. Every time that I looked at the girls they would be glancing towards the guys. Also the guys would take glances towards the girls. Every so often when they notice that I caught them they start blushing. Hehehe

"Lucy what's with that smile. It's creeping me out." said Levy and another knock was heard. I didn't say anything because I have a plan and also I don't want them to find out about it. I answered the door and it was Natsu so I let him in.

"Lucy, You have a nice place." said Natsu.

"Thanks" I said and he followed me into the living room.

"You may take a seat." I said and went into Josh's room to get him.

When I returned into the living room with Josh in my arms the girls squeaked "so cute." Mira took him from my arms.

I went to put on music and then get the snacks ready. I wouldn't want my new found friends that I'm a bad host. I walked back into the living room with snacks and placed them on the coffee table.

"So bunny girl tell us about yourself and your son." asked Gajeel and everyone else nodded in agreement.

"Bunny girl." I said.

"Yeah because your smart, strong and chubby just like them." he answered.

"Well to tell you guys the truth I wasn't always this big. I was slim, healthy and fit until my life took an unexpected turn... Horrible abusive relationship which lead me to severe depression- which led to over weight, causing antidepressants, isolation, and unhealthy choices to cope and a long list of problems that brought me here..." I said and took a deep breath. "Now I've taken action and now I'm losing weight to get healthier for my son. Everything I'm doing is for Josh. His own father doesn't even care about him. Now it's enough about him lets celebrate. Is anybody hungry."

"Yes" said the boys even Josh.

We started eating salad and what he brought from the restaurant. Throughout the whole meal we occasionally would talk.

A few hours later it was time for the cake. I first took a photo of Josh with the cake before cutting it. When the party was over everyone left except Natsu.

"Lucy your an amazing cook. That was the best healthy food that I've ever tried. Which aren't that many." he said and left. I was blushing and you can't blame me because nobody has ever commented my food before.