Chapter 23:The proposal

~Natsu's P.O.V.~

I still have to ask Luce's father for permission. I just don't know how to ask Mr.Heartfilia. Before Luce found out that her father is dying, I would take him to the hospital once every three weeks to get new pills for his headaches and also for he could get a check up. He's been feeling weaker everyday that passes by.

Mr. Heartfilia and I hang out together once a week to get to know each other. I also help out when he isn't feeling well. He's also been teaching me about his company for I could help out his daughter when she's left all alone.

I just arrived at his house to pick him up for our day out. We always spend the whole day together on a Wednesday. When we do we go out to eat and talk about random things.

I walked up to the door and knocked. Virgo opened the door.

"Hello Sir Natsu I suppose you're here for Master Jude." said Virgo as I walked into the house.

"Yes." I answered.

"Ok then take a seat and I'll call Master Jude down. Do you want anything to drink while you wait."

"Water would be fine."

"I'll be right back Sir." she said and left to go tell someone else to get my water and to get Mr. Heartfilia.

I waited for a few minutes before another maid came with my water. That person was Speto-san the head maid. I was told that she's like a second mother to Luce.

I'm glad Luce had two role models in her life. Two people who really care about her. She has her father, but he disowned her for being with the guy she loved and didn't have anything. Now he regrets everything he did to her and now he wants to be able to be with her until he's no longer in this world.

"Hey Natsu, ready to go." said Mr. Heartfilia

"Yes, Mr. Heartfilia."

"How many times have I told you to stop calling me Mr. Heartfilia?"

"I don't know." I said.

"You could just call me Jude for now."

"Ok." I said and we headed out of the house towards my car. We got in the car and drove down to a cafe that we go every two weeks.

The past couple of months that we've been hanging out I've learned so much about him that I actually want him to be my father in law.

We sat down at our usual booth and started talking about random things. We also ordered our food and drinks. We were talking until something else came up into the conservation.

"What do you want to ask me son?" He asked with a serious face.

"How do you know I want to ask you something?"

"Because I can notice by the faces you've been making the passed hour."

"Well I'd like to ask your permission to marry your daughter Lucy." I said. "Can I marry your daughter? Lucy is the best thing that has ever happened to me."

He still had a very serious face for a few minutes thinking about the answer. The longer he takes the more nervous I get by the minute. Then all of a sudden he started laughing .

"Why are you laughing?" I asked.

"I'm laughing because of the face you were making and that you thought that I was gonna say no, but my answer is yes you can marry my daughter if she says yes." said Jude.

"No don't say that you're getting me even more nervous than I already am." I said and he smiled.

~Lucy's P.O.V.~