Chapter 21: The Truth

Now that School started up again I've been too busy to publish another chapter. There's probably gonna be 3-5 more chapter's. Thanks for your patience.
-----------------------------------------
It's been a week since Natsu and I got back together. He's really been trying his best to make me fully trust him again. He's been regaining my trust little by little. He's even has taken all his lunch break with me at Love and Lucky.

We're currently in my office talking about random things and eating. All of a sudden my phone rang. I checked the called ID before answering.

"Hello" I said.

"Hello, Princess what are you doing right now."

"I'm currently in my office having lunch with Natsu."

"Oh can you and Natsu by any chance come to the house I really need to tell you guys something important."my father told me seriously. By the tone of his voice it sounds like what he wants to tells us is very important.

"Yeah, sure we'll be there in about half an hour." I said because I'm very curious of what he wants to tell us.

"Okay Bye"

"Bye"

"Who was that?" asked Natsu.

"That was my father, he wants us to go to the house to tell us very important. So lets finish eating and head to the house." I told him.

"Okay."

We finished our meal fast and headed out of my office. We went to the elevator and waited until it arrived to the floor that we're on and to open. Once the elevator opened we walked into and pressed the floor one button. A few seconds later we stopped at the first floor. I walked up to Mira that was at the counter and told her that I'm going home to talk with my father.

Once we made our way towards the car, Natsu opened my door and then closed it before going to the drivers side. We made our way towards the house.

On our whole car ride to the house Natsu seemed to be acting weird. Every since I told him that him that my father needed to talk to us he started to act anxious. It's like he knows what my father wants to talk to us about. I don't know I just have a feeling that he knows something and he doesn't want to tell me anything.

"Hey Natsu."

"Yeah Luce."

"Do you by any chance know what my father wants to talk to us about?" I asked suspiciously. Right when the question left my mouth he stiffen for a second before he regained his posture.

"N-no where would you get that from." he said.

"Well ever since I told you that my father wanted to speak to both of us. You've been acting really weird."

"Why would I know anything? He's your father not mine."

"Well you have been spending more time with him. What have you been doing?"

"All we've been doing is talking about random things and going out to eat every once in awhile."

"Ok" I say hesitantly.

Shortly after we arrived at the house actually more like a mansion. We got out of the car and headed inside. The first time Natsu came to the house he was so shocked by the size. It was so hilarious seeing his reaction of how big the man is.

Right when we entered the mansion we were greeted by Virgo. She's one of the best maids that I've had my whole life. It also includes Speto-san since she's been here the longest pretty much ever since I was born.

"Welcome back Princess and Natsu." said Virgo.

"Thanks Virgo."

"Lucy your father is waiting for you in the study." she said.

"Ok thank you Virgo." I told her.

We made our way towards the study to see what my father wants to tell us. I knocked on the door of the study.

"Come in." We walked into the study and took a seat.

"What did you want to tell us?" I asked my father and he looked at Natsu for a second before looking back at me.

"Well I wanted to tell you that my health isn't so good right now. It all started about seven months ago when I started feeling ill. So I went to the doctor to take a couple of test. When I got the results back I knew that it was time to change my ways and to stop being a stubborn bastard. I have a brain tumor and I have less than four months to live. I just don't know how much time I have left to live. At least I got to meet my grandson and see that you're so happy with your wonderful boyfriend." He winked at the last part towards Natsu. It's like their planning something. Now I'm gonna be more cautious with what they do together.

"NO!" I exclaimed with so much sorrow.

"I just wanted to spend the last days of my life with you and to meet Josh my grandson. I wanted to die in peace with your forgiveness." He told me crying.