Ch. 16: The Words Seem to Burn

~Christina's PoV~

It's been a couple of weeks since they put me on some medicine to calm my nerves and help me sleep. It had gotten so bad that it got to a point where I'd only sleep if I passed out from exhaustion. I was happier now. My days and nights got back on schedule because they were a blur before but I saw the brighter days ahead. I had talked to my friends and luckily none of them were hurt in the shooting. They're pretty messed up about it too, so we all just decided not to talk about it until we are all ready and we don't know how long that'll take. 

Today was packed full of things. Jen and I went shopping at local stores and I got a few cute outfits and sunglasses. I'd describe my fashion as a classic millennial, which if you ask me, I think we are pretty great, but it's sort of 80's. I don't really care what others think because it's cute to me. 

After shopping we came home and ordered pizza. Josh went to go work on something that I'm not quite sure of, but he'll be gone for like a week. After the pizza got here, we went swimming while enjoying slices of cheese dripping, pepperoni topped, goodness. I'm glad that the old Jen is back because I was scared she'd never be the same. I wonder if she thinks the same about me. 

Then we decided to put Pippi and Driver in the kennel because to be honest, Jen and I aren't the best people to remember to do things... or the cleanest. Josh normally takes them on walks and feeds them and such.

By the time we got home, I was absolutely pooped. I lied down for a while and now I'm getting up to go take a shower. I grab a blue fluffy towel and some pajama's and my phone. I plug my phone into the speaker and start playing music. I decide on the Hamilton Mixtape and sing along when Burn sung by Andra Day comes on. 

I lather up in some lavender shower gel and feel the running water on my skin. I wash my hair with some special keratin shampoo and conditioner that smells amazing. It feels so good in the shower that I don't ever want to get out, but I know that it's getting late, so I get out. 

I put on my tank top and matching fuzzy pants. I turn off the music and leave my hair down even though it's soaking through the tank top. I put on some socks and leave the bathroom and enter my room, since they are connected. 

As I plop down on my bed I hear a crackling sound coming from outside and it smells disgusting. I walk to the door to go check downstairs to make sure everything is okay. I reach for the door knob and as I touch it my hand immediately jerks back, burnt from the heat. Panic set's in and the smoke starts filling my room as I see the flames start to consume my door. I begin to think about how long I have before the floor collapses considering I'm on the second floor.  I run to the bathroom and grab my towel and run water on top of it and breathe through it.  The only way I have out is the window, but I don't want to break every bone. My heart is racing and so is time before the flames get me. I get sheets out of my closet and tie them all together and tie it to my bed post which has a pole since it's a canopy bed. and push it to my window. It's so hot that my hair is wet from the shower but also sweat. I open the window and push out the screen and throw the sheets out and begin to climb down. 

I'm about halfway down when the sheets catch on fire. I let go and roll into a ball. When I hit the ground I'm in so much pain, but my adreniline is pumping and my phone that was in my pocket is cracked. I hear sirens coming. The neighbors or Jen must've called them- Jen! She's not in the backyard, so I run to the front through the pain, but I cant find her anywhere. I start crying thinking she's in the house. 

Then she runs out of the neighbor's house screaming my name. "Jen! I'm right here!" I scream and she runs and hugs me. The firefighters arrive and hose down the house. They tell us how sorry they are and that most of the stuff inside probably wont be salvaged, but Jen and I don't care, we are just happy that we have each other. 

A/N COMMENT WHAT YOU THINK! What's up yo?  How's summer going? let's not talk about how long it took me to update.. lol.. love you!